TC33D VS L3410

/ TC33D VS L3410
test drove the tc33d,tc35d,l3410 over the last couple days and this is what i think:the 33d was a dog in hydro trans[very slow and unreponsive] the 35d rocked with the power and the electric shift button,i think the tires[huge r4's]spun when i hit the rabbit switch[this was cool]i like the tc35d @ 19,600.00] the kabota 3410[not the new model]was great with the hst,fast,responsive,ya the pedal was funky but ok.it's a nice tractor [except styling]but the n.h.seat/drivers area is nice and everything on it looks heavy duty.i think i need to drive the kabota l3430hst.still cofused on tires[probably always will be after reading all the posts]grandpa who passed away [and now me and my wife has the farm]was frugal but the only thing i see new was a new set of of r1's on his 1949 cub this tells me traction was important to him so i have to stick with the r1's[suffer the lawn]gona get dirty.bws

/ TC33D VS L3410 #12  
I'm not sure when Kubota started adding extendable lower links to the L4610, but they did put them on the latter L4610's and at no extra cost. All the 30's have them as I understand. If what you say is accurate and your going to be taking things on and off a lot, why not get a Freedom hitch instead and save a ton of time extendable links or not.
I have also found that HST ends up being a great extendable lower link when you don't have lower links. I use it all the time to hook up my 1500lb Woods cutter and 1200 lb box blade.
The swivel seat. What is that? My Kubota has a swivel in the seat to the right (as well as turning around 180 degs for the backhoe). It seemed like a great idea when I bought it. I do tons of mowing and lots of box blade work. I never ever swivel the seat. I have tried it but just don't find it beneficial.

Perhaps the R4's are standard on the NH, not the case with JD or Kubota. The rims for R4's are significantly wider and R4 tires are significantly more costly to replace. R4's are also easier on new asphalt then R1's which is a big reason the industrial hoes use them as well as load/toughness ability. If you need traction in the dirt, particularly wet conditions, R1's are superb.
Rat...

/ TC33D VS L3410 #13  
I've heard that about hooking up with HST: you can reach over and push the HST pedal with your hand to inch into position. I don't know about the class II Boomers, but the class III Boomers have a seat safety interlock that shuts down the tractor unless the parking brake is set, so minor HST movements may not be possible on the NH.

The extendable links became standard as a rolling-model-year-upgrade on the Grand L 10-series during 2002 starting with the larger model. So, if the 3410 was on the lot for a while, it MAY not have them.

I reviewed the back posts on the Freedom, Speeco, and other quick-hitches - they DO look very nice. I think I am going to explore them down the road. Thanks for the tip!

The L48 is a Tractor/Loader/Backhoe designed specifically for the backhoe, so I guess Kubota put the swivel standard on it. It is not available on the ag tractors as standard or optional equipment, although a clever person may be able to order the L48 seat through parts and adapt it...../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ TC33D VS L3410 #14  
Mark, what about the L30 seats? I understand they will be a significant upgrade with arm rests and recline ability? I am looking at a L3130 or L4130 as a downsize from my L48. The L48 has been fantastic for all the work I needed to do here. I find mowing with it and particularly with the loader on it difficult. I would like to consider going down to a removable loader. I have yet to see any model of the L30's from Kubota. Rat...

/ TC33D VS L3410 #15  
Rat:

I've been on and driven the L3130HST. All around, it is much nicer than the L3010HST it replaces. In addition to the big things (lift capacities, increased weight, steering linkage out of the way, etc.), they have really paid attention to the "little details" that the Boomers pioneered. The seat, always good, is definitely better. In addition to weight adjustment plus forward and backward movement, the seatback now adjusts and has armrests. Combine that with the new tilt wheel adjustment (a step-on footpedal release) it makes the driver area easy to configure for each driver. Also, the tilt-wheel release makes ingress/egress easier: to exit the tractor, just step on the pedal and push the wheel out of your way. Getting in, sit down, step on the pedal and pull the wheel towards you. It's a little thing, but it's nice.

The great thing is (according to my dealer anyway - I havent independently confirmed it) the list prices stayed the same. Theoretically more tractor for the same $. However, my understanding is that there are factory incentives on the remaining L10's, so there may be some deals out there.

A lot of dealers got the L3130HST and the L5030HSTCab first. I saw my first L4330HST day before yesterday, but didn't drive it.

Mark