TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #11  
Yeah, bends on the ends only

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #12  
My tc40 must have had a bent arm at some point. Its streight now but also has a piece of metal welded to the side of the arm. Just bend it back and carry on. You wont need a big press to bend that back with the right technique.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #13  
I have a 60,000# press. I wouldn't heat. I had a friend bring me some lift arms that he broke. Those were highly tempered. The breaks were jagged. Since yours have taken that much bend, they will straighten cold, just go easy. Backing up and pushing will bend them. They are made to pull. They can stand a little back push, but not much.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #14  
I would agree with the press idea, but not the heat. I have straightened a few of them, always bent them cold. You can heat it if you like, but I wouldn't suggest for someone to do that.

Your tractor, your money, your choice.
If you don't have a heavy hydraulic press, you could support the arms across a couple of bricks and use your bucket as a press.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm
Thanks for all the replies, and confirming that there's not supposed to be any bend in the arms (except at the very ends).

Next week, I plan to take my arms to a place with a hydraulic press, and see what can be done.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #16  
Not going to say how I know this but if you bent it crooked using your tractor you can bend it straight as well. Do it nice and easy.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #17  
Appear to be some pretty light duty arms so they should be pretty easy to straighten in a press.
Would be nice to know exactly how you managed to bend them, might help prevent someone else making the same mistake.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #18  
Only ONE comment... heat it to dull red and bend it back and quench it in cold water. Will be fine.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #19  
I have a 60,000# press. I wouldn't heat. I had a friend bring me some lift arms that he broke. Those were highly tempered. The breaks were jagged. Since yours have taken that much bend, they will straighten cold, just go easy. Backing up and pushing will bend them. They are made to pull. They can stand a little back push, but not much.
I do as well. hydraulic arbor press for broaching but I'd still heat and quench it. Much easier.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #20  
I would imagine (could be wrong) that there will be enough residual carbon in the steel of the lower liink that heating it to dull red with a gas axe and then straghtening it and then cold water quenching it would restore the temper.