TC33DA tie downs

/ TC33DA tie downs #1  

paul dyar

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC33DA
I have a TC33DA it has a ring bolted to the transmission case, I am assuming that it is a tie down point. If it is, how much tension can be applied to it?
Paul

/ TC33DA tie downs #2  
I use that ring for the front chain and the bracket on the drawbar for the rear chain. I use 3/8" Grade 70 chain with a ratchet binders. I go from one side of trailer thru the ring to the other side. I get it tight enough that it does not move. Never had a problem with either tractor.

/ TC33DA tie downs #3  
I think that this is a good question Paul. This is not a good spot to put excessive force on the tractor. Tighten you chain so enough so that you cannot move it around with your hand. It should not have any slack in it though.

/ TC33DA tie downs #4  
My TC 29DA has the same ring.

I don't tie it such that the chain will be pulling straight down and jerking on that ring over bumps.

My first chain goes through that ring and through a D ring on the floor near the rear of the trailer then grab hooks onto itself with no binder. I then drive the tractor forward to tension it and set the brake. Then another chain goes around the drawbar and forward with a binder. Finally, a chain goes over the bucket arms, near the bucket, and across the trailer, with another binder.

The heaviest chain load would be in a panic stop or if I hit something. So, The forward load is shared by the ring an the bucket chain. The ring chain runs at a gradual angle to the rear to prevent jerking over bumps.

If you really want to get carried away, you can add another chain and binder across the box scraper or backhoe to keep the tractor from working it's way sideways over big bumps. Not needed unless something really extreme happens.