TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #1  

Haneyrm

Silver Member
This is the first time I will have had to change the hydraulic oil, filters, fuel filter, etc. for my tractor. Below is a list of what I think I need by reviewing the service manual. Can anybody please confirm this for me and fill in the blanks? Thanks in advance. I was going to go to Tractor Supply and use Rotella products for the engine and hydraulic fluids unless that is not a good idea.

Engine Oil - 6 quarts Rotella 10W30

Engine Oil Filter - Model ???

Fuel Filter Element - Model ???

Transmission Oil - 9.6 gallons Rotella Hydraulic Fluid ??? weight

Hydraulic Filter - Model ???

HST Filter - Model ???

Front Axle Oil - 4 quarts Rotella Gear Oil ??? weight

Final Reduction Gear Case Oil - 1 quart Rotella Gear Oil ??? weight per side

I would really appreciate it if somebody could fill in some of the blanks on the oil weights. I cannot find in the manual where it states what weight to use.

Thanks,
Mike

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #2  
Personally, I would buy needed filters from CNH dealer.

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #3  
Haneyrm said:
This is the first time I will have had to change the hydraulic oil, filters, fuel filter, etc. for my tractor. Below is a list of what I think I need by reviewing the service manual. Can anybody please confirm this for me and fill in the blanks? Thanks in advance. I was going to go to Tractor Supply and use Rotella products for the engine and hydraulic fluids unless that is not a good idea.

Engine Oil - 6 quarts Rotella 10W30

Engine Oil Filter - Model ???

Fuel Filter Element - Model ???

Transmission Oil - 9.6 gallons Rotella Hydraulic Fluid ??? weight

Hydraulic Filter - Model ???

HST Filter - Model ???

Front Axle Oil - 4 quarts Rotella Gear Oil ??? weight

Final Reduction Gear Case Oil - 1 quart Rotella Gear Oil ??? weight per side

I would really appreciate it if somebody could fill in some of the blanks on the oil weights. I cannot find in the manual where it states what weight to use.

Thanks,
Mike

For engine oil, I'd use Rotella 15W40. It's what I've used in my tractor since new...and my Cummins turbo-diesel that has just 365k miles on it.:D

The hydraulic oil is what is used in the transmission and the front axle and reduction case. Just buy two 5-gallon tubs and you will have enough to change the transmission and the front axle components. It only takes about 7.5 gallons to do the hydraulic reservoir, so you will have plenty to do all the other things. Be sure to remove both drain plugs on your transmission and rear gearcase. I'd recommend doing them one at a time.

Like dqdave, I'd recommend sticking with New Holland filters at least until the warranty is gone. It's just good insurance that filters will never be an issue if you have a warranty claim. Also, your NH dealer should have the cold weather HST filter that nobody else will carry. I'd recommend that for winter operation below freezing. It's a ruggidized filter that can withstand higher pressures because of thicker oil.

Good luck with your service. You'll learn a lot about your tractor by doing it yourself.

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #4  
Forgot to say...
The Rotella hydraulic oil is only one weight. It will be compatible with the NH134 fluid and say so somewhere on the tub.

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question
Thanks for the replies. I always did all of my own maintenance on the Kubota B series but this is my first major service on the NH. So I only need 7.5 or so gallons in the tranny? The manual says 9.6 gallons. I'm heading to Tractor Supply this afternoon to get the oil and will pick up the filters in the a.m. from my NH dealer.

Mike

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #6  
Notice that no one specifiaclly recommended against using gear lube in the front axle and hubs. I will; don't use gear lube there. Use the same hydraulic oil in the front axle as used in the transmission/hydraulic system.

Good deal. Changed out all of the fluids today without a hitch. The only thing I did not do is the final reductions on the front. I'll hit them tomorrow. Used the hydraulic fluid in the front axle and plan to use it in the finals as well.

Mike

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #8  
Just to be clear, DO NOT USE HYDRAULIC OIL/FLUID in your transmission, axles, etc... It takes what is commonly known as auniversal tractor/transmission fluid (UTF). Just make sure it meets NH134 specification.

/ TC35DA 300 Hr Maintenance Question #9  
Haneyrm said:
Good deal. Changed out all of the fluids today without a hitch. The only thing I did not do is the final reductions on the front. I'll hit them tomorrow. Used the hydraulic fluid in the front axle and plan to use it in the finals as well.

Mike

Mike, how much oil did YOU use in the main reservoir. I'm curious if you got the same 7.5 gallon results I suggested. All the oil won't drain out of the reservoir and some oil will always be in the loader and 3PH cylinders plus all the piping that won't drain. I guess if your tractor was dry, it would take 9.6 gallons, but in practice, most of us use around 7.5 gallons.

Jinman,

7.5 gallons was about perfect. I also changed the front axle fluid and used another gallon or so. There is about 1.5 gallons left in the bucket for my finals once I get around to them. 10-1.5-1=7.5 gallons.

Mike