Tc35da Engine block

/ Tc35da Engine block #1  

Aprice0101

Tractor
Massey To35; New Holland TC35DA
Hey how y'all folks doing tonight? Ran into an issue on my tc35da, got four cracks running down at the rear of the block. Not having any luck searching for one, anyone know where I could find one?

/ Tc35da Engine block #2  
I'm seeing it is a 1.7L Shibura 3-cyl diesel. What specific engine model is it?

/ Tc35da Engine block
It's an N843L, thank you

/ Tc35da Engine block #4  
Try long lane tractor in PA. elizbethtown. a NH graveyard.:drink:

/ Tc35da Engine block #5  
   / Tc35da Engine block
Thank y'all for the suggestions, I'll be giving some calls Monday! That's rough, is welding an option for loader tractors, or is the forces in the block too much

/ Tc35da Engine block #7  
Thank y'all for the suggestions, I'll be giving some calls Monday! That's rough, is welding an option for loader tractors, or is the forces in the block too much

Can you load a picture showing where the cracks are? Be careful buying a used block without a inspection by a trusting engine tech. There was another thread that a guy with a kubota bought a block from a used parts supplier and had problems. Know what you are buying, bore sizes must be accurate and not just polished up with emery cloth. Check for a return policy too.

/ Tc35da Engine block #8  
a proper weld is stronger than the original metal. dealing with cast iron, the block has to be heated, then slowly cooled so cracks don't develop in the weld.. use cast iron welding rods for strength, stainless steel or bronze is too soft for structural areas..

/ Tc35da Engine block
I'll send in some pics tomorrow when i get back home, they're pretty long though, located on the rear webbing next to the bell housing on the rear of the block, starts below the cylinders and goes all the way to oil pan. Other is on the side going next to the oil filter, and terminates at the radius between the rear webbing and oil pan. Two hairline cracks going towards the rear main, but dissipate before it, might have even been casting marks..No loss in oil pressure, all bearings and internals look great still and measure out about what i'd expect. (previous owner had a pretty large backhoe on it so i'm assuming they originated from the front end bouncing around with the forces of the hoe.) Tractors got ~700HRS and i couldn't pass it up for a small project....lol. I used to do lots of TIG/MIG back in the day, never any cast irons though so i'd take it to someone who knows a thing or two about it if i go that route.

Another thought came to mind, the N843 block would fit the N843L right? to my knowledge i thought the L was a stroked up version of the N843. Thanks

/ Tc35da Engine block
First two are same crack on starter side 20200705_172628.jpeg20200705_172556.jpeg20200705_172525.jpeg