Price Check TC40 on E-Bay?

/ TC40 on E-Bay? #11  
Quick look at Tractorhouse says that you did alright, looks like you paid about $2K-3K for the backhoe, I'd give that for it if you want to unload it... ;)

/ TC40 on E-Bay?
Update: Well, I purchased the tractor and took delivery on Saturday! It's in excellent shape, and I played with it all weekend! I ordered an owners manual for the tractor and the backhoe, which arrived yesterday. I read it like a novel! It explained everything that the seller didn't even know!

My only concern is removing the backhoe to use the three point hitch for mowing. It doesn't look so easy to me, and the manual doesn't really explain how to attach / remove it.

I have been searching this site and found a few suggestions, including someone making his own dolly for the backhoe. I'll keep you all posted if interested, and I look forward to any and all suggestions! Thanks!

/ TC40 on E-Bay? #13  
After you get through it the first time, it isn't too bad really. After each time, you'll get better......

What took me the longest, was learning to put the bucket out about 3' and use it to align everything.....also use the stabilizers......

I'll tell ya what helps me, take a mallet and go to the front two pins that connect the backhoe frame to the tractor. My pins have a very short handle (almost useless) and I tap them until they are pointing up. Then, when I'm working the backhoe controls to take the pressure off of them, as soon as the pressure is off of them, gravity will make them rotate and point downward. I then walk up and easily pull the pins. The rest is easy and straight forward. This tip will save you MANY trips from the backhoe to the front and getting on your knees.

Congrats and good luck!

EDIT: be careful when you pull away. One of my hoses is shorter than the other one. It's easy to pull too far forward and about pull your line in two....

Update: Well, I purchased the tractor and took delivery on Saturday! It's in excellent shape, and I played with it all weekend! I ordered an owners manual for the tractor and the backhoe, which arrived yesterday. I read it like a novel! It explained everything that the seller didn't even know!

My only concern is removing the backhoe to use the three point hitch for mowing. It doesn't look so easy to me, and the manual doesn't really explain how to attach / remove it.

I have been searching this site and found a few suggestions, including someone making his own dolly for the backhoe. I'll keep you all posted if interested, and I look forward to any and all suggestions! Thanks!

/ TC40 on E-Bay?
Thanks for the tips! I'll try it this week. I am very curious to see how the backhoe will come off.

I just purchased all the filters and fluids for it so I could change everything and start fresh. I was a little surprised at the total price tag of everything, but I guess it has to be done. It has 1060 hours on it, and there were no maintenance records that came with it.

/ TC40 on E-Bay? #15  
BBJ it is good to get that first time behind you. Over time I have for the most part moved to WIX filters since they tend to be OEM or greater in quality since the ones at the dealers are just rebranded filters as far as I can learn. I of late have just use factory manual or better spec fluids from TSC. Through tomorrow their company flyer has JD HY-GARD spec oil normally $35 for for a 5 gallon bucket now only $28 so as you learn your needs to change you can stock pile your fluids at normal annual or semi-annual sales events like most all supply houses run.

I need 50-60 gallons to do everything because the dump truck alone is 25-30 gallons and it looks like it has not been changed since 1989 when the dump was installed.

Where one pays $100 or $200 for the same quality of produces really is not a huge financial consideration because one does not do it often or may never do it again like in our dump truck lift system.