TC40D Flashers/Turn Signals/Cigarette Plug

/ TC40D Flashers/Turn Signals/Cigarette Plug #1  

Florida_Farmer

Bronze Member
Tractor
841 Powermaster, TC33D, TC40 DA, Yanmar 1500, Yanmar 2210B, Scag Turf Tiger, Exmark 72" Lazer Z
I recently bought a used TC40D with under 700 hours as an modest upgrade from my trusty TC33D.... Everything is tight and functioning except my flashers and turn signals. I've read a few of the posts here and I guess I'll have to crack the dash to check the fuse. For some reason, I suspect it may have something to do with the 12V cigarette plug located right below the seat (really bad location). The plug was not covered and was full of dirt - I can't get a voltage reading on the incoming wires so I assume it may be on the same fuse circuit? Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks

/ TC40D Flashers/Turn Signals/Cigarette Plug #2  
Prob not the same circuit. Either way start with removing the gauge cluster, I believe there are fuses there. The flasher relay is behind the left knee kick pannel.

/ TC40D Flashers/Turn Signals/Cigarette Plug #3  
I’ve had both tractors and same problem. Check the appropriate fuses. Good luck, every time same problem happened to me it was a fuse.

/ TC40D Flashers/Turn Signals/Cigarette Plug #4  
I found my flasher relay bad. I dont really need flashers so it's still bad.

/ TC40D Flashers/Turn Signals/Cigarette Plug #5  
Cigar lighters are cheap and plentiful on Amazon and you can get them with covers as well and most are 1 wire hookup as the outer case grounds to the metal it attaches to.