7 foot Woods RFM $2,100

Total package $24,950

Well known interntet dealer, >1200miles from farm:
TC40DA, non-ss, with R4, Hydro, no remotes $18,200
16LA Loader with quick attach $4,600
7 ft RFM (not given maker name) $1,750
Pickup free, but shipping approx $1200

Total package $24,550 (pickup)

I live in the very southwest corner of Louisiana. Both of the local dealers gave me a clear impression that they would be willing to lower the price somewhat. Thing is, I just want a fair price, I don't want to argue the dealer down to the break even point, they have families to feed just like me.
On the other hand, I don't want to get taken for a ride by these guys either.

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing #2  
JHT Farmer, I believe the quotes you received are pretty much in line. To the best of my knowledge the Case and New Holland tractors are basicly the same. Depending on geographic location, New Holland tends to run a little more money than the Case and vise-versa. When I spend that kind of money I usually stay local. A purchase from the internet can sometimes run a few hundred cheaper but bringing it to the local dealer for warrantee when you didn't buy it from them usually gets it put on the back burner. Buying things off the internet to save a few bucks can be good (I am guilty of it myself - including some off brand products to save money), but for a purchase as large as this, if any problems arrise and they happen with all brands, it is a lot easier to get taken care of eye to eye. When I bought my TC40D over a year ago I was able to save a little money by going with a slightly used mower. Whatever you decide, I think you'll love the tractor. Good luck

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing #3  
If you add the typical cost of the two remote valves not included in the internet vendor's package, he isn't cheaper than the CaseIH. Not even considering the transportation issue.

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing #4  
I'd grab my checkbook and go see the Case DX40 dealer before he changes his mind. Don't try to lowball a decent deal. If you try to dicker for a few dollars, you run the chance of ruining a great long-term relationship. If it were thousands, that would be different, but if it's $500 or less, I'd be workin' my new tractor instead of dickerin' over price. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Either the local red or blue is a decent price, but I think I'd avoid that internet dealer like the plague. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing #5  
The loader lift is less on the DX40, than the NH TC40. The NH TC35, Case DX35, and Case DX40 all have same loader lift. The NH TC40, NH TC45, and Case DX45 all have the same loader lift. It's in how they set the relief valve. Go check your specs. Try and get the NH dealer to come closer to the Case dealer price. Also I believe than the NH tractors come with the deluxe rear 3 pt. hitch, whereas the DX come with a standard 3 pt. Hitch. Once agin, check these out. Just went through all of the same comparisons on both Case and NH. IH3444

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing
Thanks to all

Looks like I'll be going red. The Case dealer actually
came to my office and lowered the price about $900
after I told him I'll take it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
In fact he will offer 0% 36 month financing if I want.
The NH dealer would offer the 0% on MSRP only.
I don't know what the MSRP is on this package but I am certain it is significantly more than I'm paying.
It should be here by next week!

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks to all

Looks like I'll be going red. The Case dealer actually
came to my office and lowered the price about $900
after I told him I'll take it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
In fact he will offer 0% 36 month financing if I want.
The NH dealer would offer the 0% on MSRP only.
I don't know what the MSRP is on this package but I am certain it is significantly more than I'm paying.
It should be here by next week! )</font>

All that and you get the "tasteful" headlight package too. What a deal. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC40DA, DX40 pricing #8  
Now's the time to get that canopy that you may not ever convince yourself to get. That LA sun is just as hot as the TX sun. The dealer will probably roll it into the 0% financing deal. Just a thought, as I really do enjoy mine.