TC45 FEL- well, what did I do to it...

/ TC45 FEL- well, what did I do to it...
well, i think i fixed her....

i took the plastic cover off and was inspecting the heim joints on the control.......one looked bent......so, i took it out of the link and the other two worked smoothly and the one i removed couldn't be moved by hand....

i came in and looked up the part #......called both my local dealers (both 355-45 mintues away) and both didn't have it (didn't really expect them to, just hoping) and both wanted $25 and could have it by friday or so.......and, i'd have to drive to get it......

i called messick's and their computer system was being updated, call back tomorrow.....

i looked at it closely and thought, if i put that in a vise and hit it just right with a dead blow hammer, i may just put it back where it was.......sure enough, about 5 good hit and she was free again.......some white lithium grease and put it back together....

i feel better, i was thinking i really messed up some seals or something inside the vavle body.....

thanks for all the help!

/ TC45 FEL- well, what did I do to it... #12  
Flatheadyoungin said:
i looked at it closely and thought, if i put that in a vise and hit it just right with a dead blow hammer, i may just put it back where it was.......sure enough, about 5 good hit and she was free again.......some white lithium grease and put it back together....

i feel better, i was thinking i really messed up some seals or something inside the vavle body.....

thanks for all the help!

Great! Now, stop by a vet and get a kitty-cone to put around your joystick to keep them shorts from gettin' you into trouble again.;) :D

/ TC45 FEL- well, what did I do to it... #13  
jinman said:
Great! Now, stop by a vet and get a kitty-cone to put around your joystick to keep them shorts from gettin' you into trouble again.;) :D
At least, check your local thrift stores for your size jeans.