TC45D Not going into FWD

/ TC45D Not going into FWD #1  

BreezyRidgeTim

Tractor
New Holland TC45D
Posted this yesterday, no responses. TC45D will not engage into FWD in either Auto or manual modes. Front wheels no not engage when rear wheels loose traction. FWD works when lever to left of seat in pulled up. All fluid levels OK. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ TC45D Not going into FWD #2  
Hi,I answered your other post. After reading this post again though,I have to ask. Do you have the lever to the left of the seat pulled up at all times? The auto/full time lever only works if the lever beside the seat is pulled up. The auto/full time lever doesn't engage the 4wd. It only overrides the 4wd clutch when moved to the forward position causing the front tires to pull while turning. It really has no effect on 4wd in straight ahead movement of the tractor.

/ TC45D Not going into FWD
wrenchguy said:
Hi,I answered your other post. After reading this post again though,I have to ask. Do you have the lever to the left of the seat pulled up at all times? The auto/full time lever only works if the lever beside the seat is pulled up. The auto/full time lever doesn't engage the 4wd. It only overrides the 4wd clutch when moved to the forward position causing the front tires to pull while turning. It really has no effect on 4wd in straight ahead movement of the tractor.
Sorry, I missed your reply to the previous post. No, have the lever to left of seat in down position. I was with the understanding that this lever was somesort of override or "lock in" lever. If I understand your reply, its OK to have this lever in the pulled up position during normal operation to allow the automatic operation of the FWD? Also by having lever pulled up and level on right console in forward position this engages full-time FWD? Thanks for replying.

/ TC45D Not going into FWD #4  
The lever beside the seat is the lever that engages 4wd. If it is pushed down you are in 2wd. It must be pulled up for 4wd to function in any instance.

The auto lever on your pod top is used to override the 4wd clutch for the front axle. The clutch for the front axle will disengage 4wd when turning if the lever is in the "auto" position. If you need 4wd while turning you must move the lever to the forward position.

/ TC45D Not going into FWD
The lever beside the seat is the lever that engages 4wd. If it is pushed down you are in 2wd. It must be pulled up for 4wd to function in any instance.

The auto lever on your pod top is used to override the 4wd clutch for the front axle. The clutch for the front axle will disengage 4wd when turning if the lever is in the "auto" position. If you need 4wd while turning you must move the lever to the forward position.

Thanks for clearing that up, the Op manual was not very clear on that topic. I will however check the adjustments on the cables today. Thanks again!