TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster?

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #1  

agford4x4

Silver Member
Tractor
Case DX55
I have a question about the headlights. I noticed i have a 'high beam' indicator in the dash, but it never comes on. Is it supposed to come on with the regular headlights, or is it some special option?

If is does, then how do i get the cluster out to change the burned out bulb? The manual says "loosen the two screws"....which i don't see. Maybe i have to take the black bezel off??? I don't know.

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #2  
The main light switch on the very left is a double switch. The switch next to it to the right is the high/low beam switch. Both switches are on the left hand side of the steering wheel. The switch on the very left has to click twice before the other switch will work. It happend to me that something prevented (a little wood chip) the main switch not to click twice... Anyhow... just a thought. The high beam indicator light (blue) will only come on if the main switch on the left made 2 clicks (all the way down) and the switch beside it to the right is pressed down. If the main switch on the very left is only clicked once... no high and low beams. I do not mean the front working lights that you can turn on with the first switch to the right of the steering wheel!!!

Wow... now I am not sure if you have a TC55 or DX55 as you said you have a DX55 in the other post... This stuff I gave ya is for a TC55DA

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #3  
yep, DieselMonk is right......off the subject, what kind of chipper do you have Diesel???? How do you like it, etc????

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster?
I have a DX55, but i understand they are identical. I have two switches to the left of the steering wheel. One is a double switch, the first click forward turns on the instrument panel only and tail lights, the second click further turns on the HEADLIGHTS. The switch immediately to its right is only a single switch, when i push it forward, the front WORKING lights come on. The switch to the right of my steering wheel turns on the hazzard flashers. I know i have the hi/lo beam indicator in the dash, but the light doesnt come on. Am i missing something?

After talking with customer relations, i am going to note that i am in North America. So maybe i don't even have the high/low beam option.

Last edited:
   / TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #5  
CJ4 said:
yep, DieselMonk is right......off the subject, what kind of chipper do you have Diesel???? How do you like it, etc????

I tried to identify that my wood chipper and had no luck at all. All I can tell you, it is red!

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #6  
agford4x4,
What are the "working lights" you refer to? Since the DX55 has an entirely different light style, those could be in place of the high beams? And the indicator in the dash could active on the TC55 only?

I have 4 lights in the front of the tractor, the two in the center are the 'road lights' and the two on the corners are the 'working lights'

no one knows how to change the instrument panel lights on the tx55da or dx 55??

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #9  
The easy answer is buy a repair manual.:p

I'm in auto repair, not ag equiptment, but often with auto i/p's the bezel is clipped on and screws are under the bezel... However I don't recommend anyone yank on the plastic bezel unless you're sure it comes off that way.

Can you take a picture of the instrument panel?

/ TC55, how do you pull the instrument cluster? #10  
oooops, sorry I missed it, you do have a repair manual..:rolleyes:

Can you post a picture of the I/P?