TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #1  

Poppa

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Couldn't decide where to put this. Actually, don't even know what I wrote but here is the question. I know the TCC TnT can be used through the FEL hydraulics. What I want to know is if anyone has used it this way as opposed to actually installing a rear remote hydraulic valve and running it through there. Seems to me that using the FEL Hydraulics would lead to long hoses and dealing with them. BUT, A rear remote for my new tractor (Kubota B7800) costs an extra 750.00. So, if I need a remote and the TnT I can't swing it. However, if others have used the FEL Hydraulics and are satisfied with the set up then it becomes a possibility.

Now, I know what you may be thinking. Mike, why don't you just get the Rear remote now and be done with it? Well, it isn't that simple. When I was getting the tractor on Saturday, my wife was there and being very supportive even though I know she thought it was an awful lot of money. She had set a cap though and I was perilously hanging over that cap when the subject of the rear remote came up. In fact, I was trying to decide on the rear remote and the PHD, hoping for both and wondering how to talk my wife into it. She knew what I needed the PHD for but had no idea what a rear remote or TnT was. At this point, my brilliant salesman looks at her and tells her that it is for changing the blade position without getting off the tractor. He thought he was being helpful but I knew at that moment I wasn't getting a rear remote because what my dear wife heard was "Too Lazy to get off tractor." She called me a name that made the salesman blush and I ended up with the PHD plus auger.

Win some., lose some, either way I'm getting a tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know the TCC TnT can be used through the FEL hydraulics. What I want to know is if anyone has used it this way as opposed to actually installing a rear remote hydraulic valve and running it through there. Seems to me that using the FEL Hydraulics would lead to long hoses and dealing with them. )</font>

The valve for the TCC TNT is in itself two rear remotes. Jim McC has stated here that if you need an additional spool for a third remote that the TCC setup can be modified to handle it.

The usual way to connect a remote valve (including the TCC setup) on a B7800 is to disconnect the loader's power beyond hose from the front hydraulic block and run that to the rear remote valve's inlet port. The PB from the rear remote valve goes back to the hydraulic block. A return to tank line is also added.

This connection method is what I think you are referring to by "thru the FEL hydraulics". Yes, it means a couple of long hoses. You have no choice on the B7800 since ther is no rear aux hydraulic block like on a B2710/B2910.

You can install rear remotes on your tractor for much less than the Kubota supplied ones. A 3 spool rear remote + fittings and hoses should run less than $500. I did it for about that. Of course you then have to purchase the TNT cylinders and hoses.

I think you might want to give Jim McC a call at Integration Engineering if you really want the TCC setup plus an additional rear remote spool.

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #3  
I have the TCC on my B7800. Works fine and I am sure will be very useful, not only with all ground-engaging attachments, but also in making hooking them to the 3ph much less of a chore.

I am not clear on the details of the hydraulic schematic, but however long the lines are, they are well out of the way.

I also suggest that you talk to Jim at IE. He was very helpful and pleasant to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #4  
I think what Poppa was referring to "FEL Hydraulics", is unhook the FEL lines and connect a top link and a tilt cylinder to the FEL lines and controls. That is a way to accomplish it but...... I would rather have the rear remotes just because I can leave the loader functional when using the rear.
But on the other hand, my rear remote was $250. I am limited to one but with Jims joystick I could use the TCC now with no problem. I only have the top link and man, am I a HAPPY GUY /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV
OK, I have ascertained today that I am a hydraulic ignoramus. I have spent the day looking at old hydraulic posts and I hope I have figured out what is what. I have to tell you though that there is nothing more disconcerting as posting a question on something you barely understand and the first two respondents are "Mad" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't think I made it clear before but I have had email contact with Jim McCuan of TCC. He sent me this reply:

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The TCC system works well with the FEL valve in series. You can do the installation yourself with the exception of installing the fitting on the interface hydraulic hoses (2 fittings). You can get that done at your dealer or any auto parts store that makes hydraulic hoses. The kit is complete with top and side cylinders with position indicators and dual pilot operated check valves, joystick actuated valve, valve console, ROPS mounting bracket, hardware, and hoses )</font>

Now, IF I understand what MadReferee said in conjunction with what Jim McCuan wrote, The B7800 is not set up for Rear remotes. To install a rear remote in a B7800 you need to plumb into the FEL Hydraulics. Hence the long hoses I was worried about anyway. The TCC kit bypasses the need for a rear remote and plugs into the Same FEL hydraulics.

I am sure I just oversimplified that horridly. Also, other than the TnT I don't have a use (at this time) for a rear remote. My questions then are: Am I even close to right? Does this make the FEL inoperable while using the TnT?

Thanks for bearing with me /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mike

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #6  
Your email from Jim McCuan said:
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The TCC system works well with the FEL valve in series. )</font>

The key words here are <font color="blue">in series</font>. What he is saying is you leave the FEL connected and plumb the hoses as I described in an earlier post. The hoses are routed along the bottom of the frame and are virtually out of sight. The installation procedures for either a rear remote or the TCC system are the same.

Go for the TCC. If you ever need an additional rear remote it can be added in series after the TCC. Rear remotes are good for such things as a hydraulic chute rotator for a snowblower, angling your rear blade if it has hydraulics, connecting to a wagon dump cylinder, etc.

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #7  
Poppa,
I misunderstood what you were saying, sorry. Now I see /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You will be running hoses up to the FEL area and tap into the hydraulics there. But they sure ain't just gonna "plug in" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV
Thank you Mad Referee. When I saw the part about In Series I was hoping I was reading it right.

Inspector, Yeah, I figured it didn't just "Plug in" otherwise everyone would be doing it. What I am hoping is that determination /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif salted with large quantities of TBN /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif will overcome ignorance. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif And I will be able to do this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks all

Mike

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #9  
Poppa: I took my BH off this past weekend and put the 3ph and TCC top and sidelinks on. I can confirm that both FEL and TCC are operable on same set of connections. I suppose that if you were actually moving both the FEL and the TCC at the same time, there might be some degradation of performance (but if they are in series, perhaps not). My uncertainty about the latter just shows how little I understand about hydraulic systems compared to, say, electricity.

In any event, I can't imagine wanting to move both simultaneously, since you can only look at what you are doing either forwards or behind you.

Bottom line is TCC works fine with the B7800.

Hope all this helps.

/ TCC TnT via FEL vs. RSCV #10  
MadDog,

maybe some day we can get together since I am considering a CCM tiller and you got one that I can see up close. Your B7800 is the same frame as my B2710. I can give you a tutorial on tractor hydraulics while I am there in return.