Tektite cab for JD 1025R

/ Tektite cab for JD 1025R #1  

stevevdw

Tractor
Kubota L35TLB
Just got a tektite cab for my JD1025r and wanted to share some observations for anyone considering this cab. I installed it myself as I enjoy the shop time and not giving the dealer $800. Manual was very detailed with color pics. It is very well constructed and requires little assembly. Requires removal of seat assembly to install back panels. Requires a something that can lift 400lbs approx 6 ft high. Rolled tractor under it and it slid down on it like a glove. Very good fit and tight. Side panels in front by pedals required a little trimming to fit exactly right. My deluxe version came with a wiper but was pre-wired for lights, fan ect. Panel in cab has knockouts for extra panel mount lights. I would say it took me 5-6 hours and most guys could do it in same time given moderate mechanical ability. Did not get factory heater so that will add extra time if you get one. I do not have a loader so I needed extra set of mounting brackets from tektite. Normally it uses loader brackets to mount. Read install instructions carefully and have fun. I'm not posting pics as there are great videos on YouTube already. Very satisfied with cab and fit. Not inexpensive and freight from Canada was over $650 but worth it to me for what I got. Hope someone finds this info helpful.

/ Tektite cab for JD 1025R #2  
Steve, I think I write for a lot of us when I ask for photos! I'd like to see a real cab on a real tractor... but for now, YouTube it is!

/ Tektite cab for JD 1025R
Steve, I think I write for a lot of us when I ask for photos! I'd like to see a real cab on a real tractor... but for now, YouTube it is!

The videos on YouTube of this cab/tractor were better than I could produce. I thank the guys who posted them as they were critical to my buying decision. Dealer told me I had to buy loader brackets to mount cab, one of those videos disproved him. Not a lot of info out there on these so we need to help each other!

/ Tektite cab for JD 1025R #4  
Very nice looking cab. For these small tractors, when the cab cost gets up over 25% of the cost of the tractor, it's a little hard to take the step. That's why I got a soft cab. :confused3: Do you think the cab will complicate any maintenance like driveshaft lubrication?

/ Tektite cab for JD 1025R
It has access panel for the hydro oil fill behind the seat. Driveshaft is accessible from bottom so I don't see any access issues. Otherwise I could take it off tractor in under an hour if necessary. I hear you on the cost thing though. Hated to spend the money but green an orange tractors make me do things rational people wouldn't do. At least that's what my wife says. I can't hear her when the door is closed though. Big plus.

/ Tektite cab for JD 1025R #6  
My JD/Kubota dealer used to sell Curtis cabs, but they have now switched to pushing Tek-Tite. They said they really like them and the quality of them.

Here's a basic black one for a BX they had sitting on the floor.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,067
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 945
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 845