Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #61  
Just spoke with someone at Greenwell that makes Pat's. They confirmed that you can push implement with "bumper" to line up if not square as Texasmark stated. Actually shows on their diagram that the back side (tractor side) of the hook that goes up high behind the front side is called a bumper. This is a bit of a game changer since the most difficult part of hooking an implement typically is when it is not square to the lift arms.

Spoke with my Kioti dealer. Good news is that they confirmed that the stabilizers that come with telescoping lift arms are the extendable pin style. Less favorable news is that they cannot order parts that are sold in other countries and do not have euro style ends available. Had to explain what the euro style is.

Cost factors:
Pat's $165 with stabilizer bar at Rural King with free shipping. Main disadvantage to me is extra 4" added.
Kioti telescoping lift with extendable stabilizers $395. Like the idea of these stabilizers and no extra length but not sure if willing to pay the extra $230.

This is absolutely a game changer. I will have to investigate if I can do this with my quick hitch. I have gotten pretty good at lining up square, but some times takes me a couple tries. Just pushing back one end would be a good thing.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change
OK, just letting you know, as OP, where I ended up.

Ordered Pat's Easy Change with stabilizer bar from Rural King for $165. Would have preferred the telescoping lift arms with extendable stabilizer which would have cost with shipping, etc. around $445 or more. Main thing I feel I am loosing is having implements another 4" back with Pat's on our already long tractor. That 4" can be the difference of clipping or not clipping something I would really prefer not to clip with the loader or snow blower on tight turns (as others have said on the forum "don't ask how I know this". LOL. Amazing how constructive and destructive tractors can be at the same time.

Since I do not change the PTO implements around that often did not seem to be worth the extra expense. Also got a bit tired of trying to track it all down for the various telescoping possibilities. Feels good to be keeping it simple. At the same time I respect very much and believe the advice given by a number of you on how much more preferable the telescoping option is.

Thanks so much for all your consideration and assistance. It has been a valuable learning process and definitely interesting!

I wanted to get the "weld on" Pat's to put on my SSQA to 3pt adapter and I was told they don't sell them any more. grrr :mad:

Don't know if you noticed in earlier postings on this thread that Brian (MtnViewRanch) can provide euro style weld on ends that are also hook types.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #64  
Don't know if you noticed in earlier postings on this thread that Brian (MtnViewRanch) can provide euro style weld on ends that are also hook types.

Then I would have 2 systems...one with pins, one pins/balls. I don't know why Pat's website still show the weld-on version but this is the response I received: "No we don't offer weld ons anymore. Sorry"

Then I would have 2 systems...one with pins, one pins/balls. I don't know why Pat's website still show the weld-on version but this is the response I received: "No we don't offer weld ons anymore. Sorry"

On the one hand it is helpful that we have various options for 3 point connections but on the other frustrating that here is so little consistency.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #66  
The extra 4" is why I'm not using a quick hitch. The PTO chipper sticks out a long ways as it is.

With extendable links and telescoping stabilizers (standard on my Branson) and hydraulic top and tilt, changing implements is pretty easy.