Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #931  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #934  
There isn't another workable wood in the northeast?
There are several, but if 60 YO ash drops out of the landscape, it will take a while for something else to grow back. Plus each wood has different characteristics... it's a lot easier to make a baseball bat from ash than say... maple. Or so they tell me...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #935  
Years ago my boss had a stray cat show up at her place. I was there with a bunch of our coworkers one night and she was complaining it had been up a tree for several days and was worried about it. Like a dumb-A I went up the tree, only to have the little buzzard claw me when I tried to get it down.*
So I threw it out of the tree, and got bitched out for my trouble.

*I have never known a cat to go up a tree that he couldn't get down from, if he wanted to badly enough.
Yeah, I've never seen a cat skeleton in a tree, when they want to, they come down.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #936  
Yeah, I've never seen a cat skeleton in a tree, when they want to, they come down.
At my sister's house there was a squirrel skeleton in some power lines for 2 years. Poor little thing tried to do the parallel bars between two wires and fried with his armpits draped over each wire, and just hanging there with his back legs and tail down. Every time we'd visit, our kids would run to their back yard to see if the squirrel was still there. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #937  
And when I was in high school, we had a Russian Blue cat that liked to climb trees in the winter. He'd run way up the trunk, then walk out on branches and push the snow off and watch it fall to the ground. Then he'd push some more and watch. Repeat. 30-40' feet up. No cares. He'd come down when he felt like it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #938  
There are several, but if 60 YO ash drops out of the landscape, it will take a while for something else to grow back. Plus each wood has different characteristics... it's a lot easier to make a baseball bat from ash than say... maple. Or so they tell me...
Another problem is the durability of the maple bat.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #939  
Louisville Slugger uses maple and birch for custom bats as well as ash.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #940  
Years ago I saw/read an fun facts sort of listing about some of the curious aspects of drag racing and engines .

It caught my attention how FEW revolutions the engine makes at full power to get the car 1/4 mile down the strip. It was in the hundreds IIRC.

Are you sure you didnt mean thousands? Most drag racing tractor pulling, sprint car engines are running at 6-8 thousand RPM. some more