Temp / coolant issues (Bobcat CT 225)

/ Temp / coolant issues (Bobcat CT 225) #1  

Ben in BC

Tractor
Bobcat 225
Hi everyone,

My Bobcat CT 225 seems to be running hot. It will run in the middle of the temp gauge for 10-15 minutes at 2000RPM parked then once I start driving it, after 5-10 minutes will edge up to the 'H' end of the gauge. I've drained the rad and changed the coolant. I've cleaned the dirt screens, cleaned the filters. I gently washed with a hose the rad. I cannot see any leaks in the overflow coolant container, the hoses or the rad itself. The tractor has about 725 hrs on it; I keep it very maintained and am gentle with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben
COmox, BC

/ Temp / coolant issues (Bobcat CT 225) #3  
   / Temp / coolant issues (Bobcat CT 225) #6  
Hi everyone,

My Bobcat CT 225 seems to be running hot. It will run in the middle of the temp gauge for 10-15 minutes at 2000RPM parked then once I start driving it, after 5-10 minutes will edge up to the 'H' end of the gauge. I've drained the rad and changed the coolant. I've cleaned the dirt screens, cleaned the filters. I gently washed with a hose the rad. I cannot see any leaks in the overflow coolant container, the hoses or the rad itself. The tractor has about 725 hrs on it; I keep it very maintained and am gentle with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben
COmox, BC

The usual culprits for overheating are; Stuck closed thermostat, loose drive belt on water pump, faulty pressure cap, collapsing lower rad hose at high rpm, clogged air side on radiator, clogged coolant side core on radiator, clogged airfilter/intake manifold on diesel engine.

/ Temp / coolant issues (Bobcat CT 225) #7  
I would say you need to clean radiator. You can't see pollen, but enough will heat things up.