Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #1  

EquipmentUser

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere and IH
Anyone running one of their mowers? I am considering a new 7' pull type and wanted to get some opinions on them first. The price seems good but wondering about the quality. Thanks.

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #2  
I have not used one ,but they seem to be built as well if not better than others in the price range.

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #3  
I have one that has about 5 hours on it. Not a bad unit I'd call it a heavy medium duty unit. Mine gas a 90hp gerbix, and slip clutch. I have only two issues with it. The slip clutch was way too tight, easily fixed. Also it's not quick hitch compatible, I wish it was.... It does have a flexible hitch that helps it follow contours better. I had to loosen a couple of bolts to make it move a little easier. Not a TRI problem, more likely an over zealous assembler at the dealer.

Overall it's a good value so far.

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #4  
We have had no problems with TRI products. Good value for the money spent. Ken Sweet

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter
Thanks for the info. How is the cut quality? I have not been able to find any specs on blade tip speed or blade type, I assume they come with suction blades? I will be using it mainly to mow grass fields that haven't been grazed.

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #6  
I have said it many times but I am yet to see a cutter with better cut quality than a King Kutter. I think the new ones with the Flex hitch could well address any shortcomings it had with 3 point hitch.
I have used International,Big Bee,Bush Hog,King Kutter,Hawkline and Woods.

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #7  
Thanks for the info. How is the cut quality? I have not been able to find any specs on blade tip speed or blade type, I assume they come with suction blades? I will be using it mainly to mow grass fields that haven't been grazed.

Yes suction blades are standard. Cut is a bit above average to me but the blades are new and sharp. I was pleasantly surprised that it seemed to distribute the cuttings nearly the full width of the deck. Most of what I cut was berry bramble, not grass but it wasn't bad for a brush cutter.

/ Tennessee River Implements Rotary Cutter #8  

As with any brand cutter, cut quality will be determined by tractor rpm's, ground speed, what is being cut and how the cutter is setup when attached to the tractor 3 point. There will be very minor differences, if any, in cut quality. Ken Sweet