Terrain Contour Control

/ Terrain Contour Control #1  

narcnh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7800
Anyone have one of these yet?

I tried to request a brochure from the website, but keep getting the following error:

"FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed."

I sent them an email about it. Anyone else have this problem?

/ Terrain Contour Control
Thanks, Henro. That was the thread that got me salivating. Most people probably have the most use for it leveling and grading with box blades, etc. I envision using it with my rearblade on the drive, pushing snow in the winter and regrading the hardpack in the spring. Besides, who can resist another joystick controller?

/ Terrain Contour Control #4  
<font color="blue"> Thanks, Henro. That was the thread that got me salivating. </font>

Same here. I like the idea of a joystick similar to what the loader has... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thought you probably had seen that thread...but figured it would not hurt to put that pointer there for anyone who hasn't... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Terrain Contour Control #5  
narcnh,

Hope you buy one and tell us all how you like it. I checked it out at the Louisville show and it looked good. I don't think you would be disappointed in the quality ordering it sight unseen. I don't see how it would be worth it for plowing snow, though. Its two degrees of freedom don't include the one that pushes snow to the left or right.

John

/ Terrain Contour Control
Hi John,

I was thinking more about:

1) properly adjusting the tilt of the blade to not whack the crown on my drive, whether I go down the right side or the left,

2) adjusting the tilt forward or back (up or down?) depending on how the blade is biting into the snow/ice.

I think the joystick controller would finally give me proper control for #1, and would mean I wouldn't have to ever manually adjust the top linkage for #2 or anything else for that matter (Yes!). That should work well with Pats' Easy Change system. In the spring, when I get more hardpack delivered, it should make crowning the drive a lot easier, too, I think.

I hope Jim gets back soon; I'm ready to order one. I'll certainly post my observations, when I get one.

In conclusion:

IwantoneIwantoneIwantoneIwantone.

/ Terrain Contour Control #8  
Sounds good. And you're right about the joystick...

/ Terrain Contour Control #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .......................In conclusion:

IwantoneIwantoneIwantoneIwantone. )</font>

<font color="red">IwantoborrowitIwantoborrowitIwantoborrowit. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Terrain Contour Control #10  
I am back in the US today (Sunday, March 1) and will check out the errors. I have a pile of correspondance to follow up on as well. So if you've email or snailmailed me, I have received it, but it may be a day or two for me to get un-buried. Meanwhile, I'll try to follow the threads here and repond to questions that other members haven't addressed. Thanks to you guys who have stepped in and helped out in my absence.