Terrible road noise / cabin noise in new 2016 GMC truck

/ Terrible road noise / cabin noise in new 2016 GMC truck #21  
Just go test drive another one on the lot to see if your truck has a real problem.

My dealer just put 4 new tires on after 8k miles because the original ones had "too much runout" and caused some shimmy.

/ Terrible road noise / cabin noise in new 2016 GMC truck #22  
That's strange, they're rated as one of the quietest trucks sold.

/ Terrible road noise / cabin noise in new 2016 GMC truck #23  
I drove used police cars for years. Although the OEM plasic floors had lots of insulation, they always did get noticeably quieter when I installed carpet.

Worst noise on my (stock/factory) 08 Duramax is sometimes stopped at a light, the plastic dash will start to resonate to the engine.

Reminds me of a story, possibly an urban legend. Guy had trouble finding a noise from the back of his car. Finally in the back door cavity they found a nut hanging on a string, with a note that read "Bet It Drove You Crazy".

/ Terrible road noise / cabin noise in new 2016 GMC truck #24  
Reminds me of a story, possibly an urban legend. Guy had trouble finding a noise from the back of his car. Finally in the back door cavity they found a nut hanging on a string, with a note that read "Bet It Drove You Crazy".

I have heard stories like that. One of my college friends told a story about a new S-10 pickup his grandpa bought that made a real racket going down the road. They eventually found a bunch of rocks inside one of the front tires! It came from the factory like that.