Comparison Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !!

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #11  
I was thinking more along the lines of the B2630 v B2620, but while vibration seems to be a common complaint on the B3200, I don't remember anyone mentioning it on the B3030. May be different tuning, engine mounting or no one is complaining about them.
A while back (maybe 3 or so years ago) I recall some discussions on B3030 vs B2630 vibration, and a whole mess of people convinced that the B3030 was worse, owing to its "rougher" 4 cylinder vs. the 2630's "smoother" 3-cylinder.

I never bought into it myself, couldn't tell any appreciable difference. Like Ductape, I don't think there's a B3030 issue. Occasionally I'll hit some rpm where something resonates/rattles, but it's always some part of an attachment, not the tractor itself. :confused3:

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #12  
A while back (maybe 3 or so years ago) I recall some discussions on B3030 vs B2630 vibration, and a whole mess of people convinced that the B3030 was worse, owing to its "rougher" 4 cylinder vs. the 2630's "smoother" 3-cylinder.

I never bought into it myself, couldn't tell any appreciable difference. Like Ductape, I don't think there's a B3030 issue. Occasionally I'll hit some rpm where something resonates/rattles, but it's always some part of an attachment, not the tractor itself. :confused3:

I just did the 300hr service on my B3030. I had noticed lately that I was hearing & feeling a slight vibration so I went looking while I was underneath the tractor. I found the roll pin was coming out of the yoke on the rear of the main drive shaft. I installed a 1/4 x 1.5 in. roll pin & it seems ok now. I just thought I'd mention this in case someone else was having a similar problem.

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #13  
Thanks for the info Earl, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for that now. :thumbsup:

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #14  
I honestly suspect the latter to be the case in most of the three cylider shake problems as a few problem would show up quickly.

leon

The model being discussed (B3300) is a 4 cylinder. I have not heard of any vibration issues with Kubota 3 cylinder models.

There were some complaints w/ previous 4 cylinder models, i.e. B7800 in regards to vibrations