Test of strength

/ Test of strength #1  

RebelYell

Silver Member
East TN, Limestone(between Johnson City and Greene
Tractor
Kubota BX22
This should probably go in projects; however, I wanted to show prospective BX22 buyers what this little machine can accomplish. My bridge was dammed up with logs. I couldn't believe how much debris was blocking the pipes, I should check it more often. The water level was over a foot higher on that side. My neihbor has a Ford 8N, he offered to clear out the debris. I thought the BX22 may not be big enough for the job, but I gave her a try nevertheless. I wish I had thought of the camera before I dragged the logs out. These are the logs.

Attachments

• 333098-IM000529.JPG
    333098-IM000529.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 529
   / Test of strength
This log was the hardest because of the surface area dragging the ground. I am glad it was only 1/4 of of the circumference of the tree it came from, the 8N would have had trouble if it was the whole thing. My helper is in the picture for perspective of the size, he is a 75# lab mutt from the shelter, get my best dogs from the shelter.

Attachments

• 333107-IM000531.JPG
    333107-IM000531.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 445
   / Test of strength
This is a simulated action shot. The nit-pickers will notice I have the chain hooked to only one hook which could flip the tractor or at least give ya one heck of a ride and test the pucker-factor. I was taking the chain off when I decided to get a so-called action shot. I did have to pull that big log a few feet by one hook because my chains were not long enough; and I wasn't going near that bank with my tractor. The log came easy while it was in the water but when it hit land it slid me side ways about four feet. By then it was close enough to hook both hooks. I still had to drag the log from each side, pull a bit then switch sides, kinda like one man movin' a fridge out from the wall. Yall nit-pickers please don't be offended, most of the time your comments can save someone alot of grief and you know them because of experiences, the UH-OH experiences. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 333112-IM000532.JPG
    333112-IM000532.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 491
   / Test of strength
BTW, that is my land in the background with the white house, which is a building the former owners added to and added to, it is a 1 BR apartment, 4 car garage. pool room, workshop, barn stall, and the entire upstairs is storage. The land I am on is my neighbors. This is a shot of me in the creek pulling out all the little limbs and leaves, leaves, and more leaves. This is the last posting I will do from home. Although I love living in the country my connection speed is 24K slllloooooow. I will take the camera to work and post from there from now on.

Attachments

• 333117-IM000538.JPG
    333117-IM000538.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 386
   / Test of strength
This is the bank I had to drag the logs up. The tractor done very well, of course I had to be in 4WD and the differential locked. I didn't spin all that much, but as I said before I had work that big log a bit.

Attachments

• 333121-IM000528.JPG
    333121-IM000528.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 335
   / Test of strength
Here is a picture of Bandit beside my tractor. He is unlike most dogs I have had. He isn't scared of the tractor at all, which can be bad sometimes. I backed into him once when I had the BH attached. He loves to be close to me even when I am mowing he runs beside me almost the whole time until the ducks or peacocks catch his eye or he hits the creek. I keep him inside which my wife doen't mind until he comes in soppin wet on her freshly cleaned kitshen floor. Then he doesn't get the broom, I do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 333123-IM000537.JPG
    333123-IM000537.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 293
   / Test of strength
Last pic, here is bandit doin' what he loves the most. WOW, this took me over an hour to post these. I work for the phone company, if I had any pull I would run a T1 out to my house. Techological advances are making DSL reach out further and further; hopefully someday soon I can get hooked up. I have sattelite TV but the one I subscribe to doesn't offer internet, just a so- called good deal with Earthlink DSL. Does anyone out there use the internet through sattelite and if so does it work well and who do you subscribe too?

Attachments

• 333130-IM000534.JPG
    333130-IM000534.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 316
   / Test of strength #8  
u know, if u ain't careful, someone might think u enjoy doing that kid of stuff /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Test of strength #9  
You sure that Bandit isn't putting those logs in there for the fun of watching you pull them out???? He sure could pass for a beaver the way he swims....... LOL.....

/ Test of strength
Okay so I lied not last pic, this shows how much the water level dropped. My son took this pic of the dog but unknowingly got a pic of what I wished I had thought of, the water line.

Frank, you got that right brother; playin' on the tractor is much more fun than cleaning the house. I reckon you meant the tractor work and not posting pics, but then I kinda like that also. I also can't type which may contribute to the time it took. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I got to work and noticed I didn't attach the post; however, the earlier pic of my dog swimmin shows the water mark.