Testing cell signal strength

/ Testing cell signal strength #21  
I may look into that TM419. Just for s++ts and giggles $70US, same thing is $120 Canadian for something that is CAN$91 with the exchange

/ Testing cell signal strength #22  
If you have a recent-vintage smartphone, one way you can try before you commit is via eSIMs (if your phone supports them). It's basically a "2nd line" on your smartphone that is loaded up over software, i.e. without an actual SIM card.

They are often used by travellers to get around either paying exorbitant roaming fees in foreign countries, or having to go through bureaucratic rigmarole to get a local SIM card. Various services offer a range of eSIMs valid for 7 or 30 days.

Up here in Ontario, our usual cell service is on the Bell/Telus network (2 separate companies, but share towers). The other main network is Rogers. I wanted to try if it did any better on our land. So I bought an eSIM from airalo.com valid for 7 days that uses the Rogers network here in Canada. Intended for brief visitors to Canada, but who cares. I was able to check that indeed Rogers served 1/2 of my property better, but was worse on the other 1/2.

I think most people here are in the U.S., and I don't know what are your equivalents. But maybe even an eSIM that is regular prepaid service on a different network might be a cheap enough trial to be helpful.

Here's airalo's guide to which phones have eSIM capability. Applicable more broadly. How do I Know If My Phone Supports eSIM?