Testing

/ Testing #12  
The only thing I dislike about the new format is that you can't tell which sub-topic the thread is in when you click on New Posts or Todays Posts. The old format showed which topic the thread was in and I could decide whether to view and/or answer.

Now that I seem to be stuck in the new format, how do I get back to the old?

/ Testing #13  
The only thing I dislike about the new format is that you can't tell which sub-topic the thread is in when you click on New Posts or Todays Posts. The old format showed which topic the thread was in and I could decide whether to view and/or answer.

Hi Everybody,

We've been working on an updated forum design and have a test forum for you to try out.

Click here to try it: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=181

If you want to go back to the current design, click here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=136

While the functionality of the forum remains the same, the main advantages of the new design are:

- Up to 40% reduction in page load times
- Full mobile and tablet compatibility with responsive design

Let me know if the new design is displaying for you, and how you like it.

Keep in mind that this new test URL will only work in some forums (including the main forum page and search results, as well as some of the individual forums). So if the design is switching back and forth from old to new, that's because it's in testing.)

Thanks!
There are still several things not good about the new design, all concerns were brought up in the initial thread a year ago: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/339178-forum-update-test-out.html

/ Testing #14  

My Home > General Settings (on left) > Forum Skin (towards bottom) > "Tractor"

/ Testing #15  
   / Testing #16  
My Home > General Settings (on left) > Forum Skin (towards bottom) > "Tractor"
This it what it looks like:

Untitled.png

Not clicking one of your links again.. Last time I got 'stuck' in the New version and went through several skins before I found 'Tractor'.. :mad:
Sorry bout dat :D

/ Testing #17  
Thanks guys! That worked. :drink:

I guess I missed out on last years discussion.

/ Testing #18  
Dumb question here but I just looked and have the old version. Since I believe that newer is generally better, am I missing out on anything by having the older version?

/ Testing #19  
Dumb question here but I just looked and have the old version. Since I believe that newer is generally better, am I missing out on anything by having the older version?
You will have to try the new version and see for yourself.

There are too many things not on the new version yet. I don't stay on the new version very long before I switch back to the Good old version. :thumbsup:

/ Testing #20  

nope.