Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,791  
Since this is a schoolday for my grandson, we had leftovers for breakfast. We had three big biscuits, three sausage patties, and some gravy. That was enough for each of us to have split biscuit covered in gravy with a sausage on the side. Funny thing. . . nobody said they weren't hungry.:D

I went to the garden this morning and removed my shade cloth. I have a fall tomato crop coming back (lots of golf ball and tennis ball size tomatoes), so I don't think I need the shade cloth when most temps will be in the 80s and low 90s for the remainder of this month. We also used up my remaining Amdro on about 20 fire ant mounds on my pond dams. A couple of the mounds were 18" in diameter and 4" high. The mounds I treated in my yard are already dead.:thumbsup: The Maximilian sunflowers are really in high gear since the rain and we've seen blue sage and purple gayfeather in full bloom.

I strung a fence charger wire over my wife's rose bushes about a week ago and added peanut butter smeared tinfoil. Several of the pieces of tinfoil are on the ground from either deer or raccoons. Suddenly, the rosebushes have little leaves on them that aren't being eaten. I set up a game cam set to video, but it hasn't triggered yet and may be too far away. I would love to have seen the reactions of the 'coons and does.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,792  
Here is a picture of one of my horse shot just before sunset.. This horse name is "smoke" sure miss him.. but the old saying.. money speaks louder than feeding a horse all winter.:confused:. or something like that.:). Lou

View attachment 338013

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,794  
Jim,, FG and myself more than like don't drink as much as we say.. I would bet maybe no more than 5 to 6 inches a night from a five gallon bucket.:eek:.each.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,795  
Jim,, FG and myself more than like don't drink as much as we say.. I would bet maybe no more than 5 to 6 inches a night from a five gallon bucket.:eek:.each.:laughing:. Lou

It's only a drinkin' problem when the bottle is empty, right Lou?;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,796  
:laughing:I think you maybe on to something Jim.. I need to stock up so I won't get an addition.. once you get that, then you got to make meetings.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,797  
Does anyone stock trade/ day trade,, if so I have some real good tips on how to lose your money.:).free.:cool:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,798  
Does anyone stock trade/ day trade,, if so I have some real good tips on how to lose your money.:).free.:cool:. Lou

Lou, I don't day trade, but I learned my lesson back in 2001. When I have a stock that goes on a run upwards and there's annual unrealized gain of 20% or more, I sell that stock and then dollar cost average back into the market. I want to make sure I keep my gains stashed away rather than make them victims of a volatile market. These days, I make sure I keep plenty of cash reserves. I do most of my investing in Vanguard ETFs and Mutual Funds.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,799  
Here is a picture of one of my horse shot just before sunset.. This horse name is "smoke" sure miss him.. but the old saying.. money speaks louder than feeding a horse all winter.:confused:. or something like that.:). Lou

Lou,
Isn't Smoke the same horse as your current avatar?

My wife and I call her paint horse "Blondie" because of her mane and tail, when it is clean.:D
Her real registered name is "R U Kidden Keely" because a Bay paint was expected from the breeding and they got a
solid chestnut with flaxen mane and tail, instead.
The first lady to see her after birth, named "Keely" called the owner to describe what popped out.
The owner replied, "Are You Kidden Keely?" So that became the registered name.

We have had a few registered horses with long weird names, but we always give them a short "barn" nickname.
They don't really care, as long as we don't call them late for supper, same as me...:).
Ron

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,800  
Yep! Lou and Farmgirl have already made me an alcoholic from talking about all that good booze.;):laughing:

GOOD BOOZE?!?! Only Lou drinks the good stuff. I drink the cheap stuff. Lou and I agree on one thing though, have to stay stocked up, so they don't send us to meetings! :laughing: