Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,901  
Whooa! - still in no pain! They also used a knee block - big needle under the kneecap - it's supposed to last 24 hours.:cloud9:
Don,
Do you mean nerve block?:confused: I guess if you blocked up your knee..........it wouldn't hurt.:laughing:

I had a nerve block the second time I had shoulder surgery.:thumbsup: My arm came home with me in a sling.:eek: I had no clue where it was, as it slipped out a time or two.:eek: Picking it up with my other arm really showed me how heavy a "dead" arm is to move around and into a sling.:thumbdown:

I also have had both knees cleaned out and came home with a neat cooling cuff unit to wrap around the knees. I got to keep one awesome unit and a universal knee/shoulder cuff.:cool: The other was a rental.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,902  
Thought Y'all might want to know I just started a new thread in the photo section called Tractor Outfits.
Y'all can view it here..........Tractor Outfits
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,903  
Don,
Do you mean nerve block?:confused: I guess if you blocked up your knee..........it wouldn't hurt.:laughing:
I also have had both knees cleaned out i

Brandi, not a nerve block (just their terminology) it was some kind of milky looking fluid they injected it was some local pain killer stuff. They did give me a dose of GA through the IV prior to the needle so I did not feel it- that was nice of them. They woke me up took me to the OR and there I got the big dose of GA and they cleaned out my knee. How are your knees holding up?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,904  
Brandi, not a nerve block (just their terminology) it was some kind of milky looking fluid they injected it was some local pain killer stuff. They did give me a dose of GA through the IV prior to the needle so I did not feel it- that was nice of them. They woke me up took me to the OR and there I got the big dose of GA and they cleaned out my knee. How are your knees holding up?

My mistake. I have my right knee cleaned out twice. Once in 2000 and again in 2010. It is awesome until this week when the weather changed. Now I feel it down there and limp a while after getting up from sitting for a while. Once I get going, like at work, it is fine until I sit down again for a while.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,905  
Have ya'll ever noticed that on TBN, we have no tax collectors, no divorce lawyers, and no ex-wives. Gosh! I do love this site.:D

Jim-You are absolutlely right. I was watching a news channel the other day and they were talking about the anger we have in society today. It's in government, on the streets, and in every day discussions. The common view they had was that a lot of it was caused by things like violent video games, and the internet. That's what I love about TBN. The anger guys or the in-your-face guys don't last too long here. There is also such a great diversity of people and an amazing variety of topics and a general love for this country. We are also not necessarily PC, we respect the right of everyone to have an opinion(and we are glad to share it with you).

I really don't go to a lot of websites for discussion, but I can't do without my daily dose of TBN. You not only can learn something, but you can meet some great people and quite a few characters.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,906  
Thought Y'all might want to know I just started a new thread in the photo section called Tractor Outfits.
Y'all can view it here..........Tractor Outfits
hugs, Brandi

bindian-Saw the new pic on your thread. Beautiful baby in her new duds.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,907  
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,908  
You would think this would be a bad morning for me with the 24 hr. knee pain block wearing off, but it is not, still no pain - and I'm wondering: What did the Dr. do? He briefly talked to me and all I heard was mumble in the recovery room coming off GA. He had to start another surgery and didn't have time to inform my wife what he did. He did leave two pages of pictures of the scope and cutting tool working in my knee - but they are dated the day before my surgery.

Looks like a storm is heading this way, I hope I will not loose the internet and get some rain all in the same morning!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,910  
Don, hope that knee gets better, I have been avoiding the Micro surgery for my shoulder for 5 years now.

OH got my surprise:laughing: It wasn't a "total surprise" but it was a surprise..A "camper" I g
had been looking at and drooling over.. She went through our Navy Federal credit union and "got it done" while I was gone.. Feels "weird" for me not having to come home and say "Honey, guess what I bought!!" :laughing: