Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,101  
I wonder how the majority of folks do this operation?
I lift JD Z820-A using tractor FEL and a 10 ton rated lift sling. I can get it high enough that I never have to get under the deck. Use an pneumatic impact so blade change is quick and easy. Never have to clean out under deck as with our sandy soil every thing gets "sand blasted" clean. Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,102  
Bird has one, that is similar, but has never reported on how he likes it, to my knowledge.

Yep, I actually got my MoJack MJEZ lift from Amazon.com when they were selling for $199 lots of places, including Amazon. I don't use it really often, but I do use it to take the blade off to sharpen it and put it back with a pneumatic impact wrench, and to thoroughly wash the bottom side of the deck with a Sweeper Nozzle that puts out a pencil sized stream and with my approx. 100 psi water pressure, I can get the bottom of the deck really clean.:laughing:

So, yep, I like it; not sorry I bought it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,103  
Yep, I actually got my MoJack MJEZ lift from Amazon.com when they were selling for $199 lots of places, including Amazon. I don't use it really often, but I do use it to take the blade off to sharpen it and put it back with a pneumatic impact wrench, and to thoroughly wash the bottom side of the deck with a Sweeper Nozzle that puts out a pencil sized stream and with my approx. 100 psi water pressure, I can get the bottom of the deck really clean.:laughing: So, yep, I like it; not sorry I bought it.

The Pro Lift HD like TXDON is $199 at TSC.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,104  
If you are lazy like me the hd TS stands are easy and safe.

That's a good pic:thumbsup: Shows where the front base of the stand is in relation to the mower when jacked up.
Looks like there is still room to negotiate a creeper under there.
I like the safety aspect. I read there were metal lock arms on the unit I looked at on line to keep the thing up even if the bottle jack leaks down a bit, which they all seem to do in time.
I'll have to show this pic to my wife.
You may have caused a run on them at TSC. Ask the CEO for a commission :D
Jinman did on his tractor seat cover reccomendation and got a new sprinkler out of it:laughing:
Thanks Don

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,105  
The Pro Lift HD like TXDON is $199 at TSC.

Rick

I had the 10% off coupon and got it for $179.
I also saw a demo one (after I bought mine) at TS in Bastrop sitting outside holding up a Z and had light rust on it was selling for $159.00. - best deal.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,106  
I had the 10% off coupon and got it for $179. I also saw a demo one (after I bought mine) at TS in Bastrop sitting outside holding up a Z and had light rust on it was selling for $159.00. - best deal.

I always get my coupon in the mail right after buying something big at TSC.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,107  
Yep, Jim, we're coming to the end of another season. We went to the Denton Community Market Saturday, which includes the Farmers Market that is there on Tuesdays and Thursdays also and Saturday was the last day for this year.
. . . And I hope we get a big rain tonight and tomorrow with the cold front coming.

Well folks, those of us who got the shower are not that much better off than those who didn't. My gage says 1/10". With the wind, I suspect a lot of it evaporated and moved southeast. They'll probably get a gusher down on the coast.:rolleyes:

Bird, since it doesn't make economic sense for me to bring you these peas, I'll just show you a picture. Here is 3-1/2 lb in a collander draining. Notice the full mix of snaps, little green peas, and mature peas. The big green bowl below is my favorite shellin' bowl. It's about 14" in diameter. We have two of them, Rubbermaid I think.

ShelledBlackeyes.jpg

You guys with your Z-mowers and lifts make me jealous until I remember I don't have anyplace to put another mower or equipment. I just got my real estate tax statements for this year and realize it's a "penalty for progress" tax.:mad: My total tax bill for this year is $3500, so I guess I don't really have much complaining to do because I'm sure I'm on the lower end of the scale compared to some of you.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,108  
Rick, I guess the question would be . . . is one any better than the other? And I don't know the answer. The MoJack has a hand crank you can put in one of two positions; i.e. longer or shorter. I use the shorter, 6" radius vs. the 8" radius, because it's plenty easy to crank, at least for my little ZTR. But it also gives you another option, and that is to use your impact wrench or an electric drill with a 3/8" square driver instead of the manual crank. I suspect you could really run it up and down in a hurry that way, but I haven't tried it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,109  
Ron here are a few more pics. The weight of my Z is 1600# so I wanted to get at a 500# lift for the front end. If you have a smaller mower you can use the 300# lift.

On some of the pics you will notice I had not yet lowered it a bit to lock the side steel bars. The hydraulic jack takes 24 foot pumps to reach max height and a half twist on the pump release to lower. The handle out front is just to move the entire jack into position. The jack has 4 wheels so as you are jacking up it slides underneath the mower.

The front wheel holders swivel down when the jack is lowered and are beveled so you can easily drive into them.

Attachments

• lifta.jpg
    lifta.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 99
  • liftb.jpg
    liftb.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 98
  • liftc.jpg
    liftc.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 110
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,110  
I just got my real estate tax statements for this year and realize it's a "penalty for progress" tax. My total tax bill for this year is $3500, so I guess I don't really have much complaining to do because I'm sure I'm on the lower end of the scale compared to some of you.

Not as low as my end.:laughing: I haven't gotten my tax bill yet, but the appraisal district estimated it'll be about $2150 which is exactly what it was last year. And just out of curiosity, I looked back at some old records and find in total tax bill on 10 acres in Navarro County in 2001 was $976.