Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,811  
How do you know if chardonnay has gone bad.. it's already green..:laughing: I like chardonnay during thanksgiving while cooking.. has a nice clean taste.. sure makes the food taste better also.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,812  
My Chardonnay is not green!

I love to cook with wine! Sometimes, I even add it to the food! :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,813  
It made with green grapes,, maybe they stomp the green out of your bottle.:laughing:. what do you mean add it to the food?.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,814  
The cold front blew in,, temp down to 78,:), I may build me a fire outside,, set around in shorts play like it cold.. with a cold beer of course.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,815  
What is amazing to me, is all of the instruments in the small homebuilts. With the J-3, there was a compass, airspeed indicator and, my watch. I was glad to have the watch, as the fuel gauge didn't work so well. My Cessna 140A had a radio and attitude indicator, in addition to the above mentioned items, (and its fuel gauge worked!)

I'm not sure some of today's stuff is designed to be flown, by the seat of your pants, anymore, even the experimental stuff. :confused2: I hope they still make M-A-P-S. :laughing:

As I remember;) from A&P school...........minimum instrumentation for any production aircraft includes a Tach:confused3::confused3:. Am I incorrect about that?:confused3::confused3: Could be:eek:, as the frozen M&Ms with Mountain Dew don't work so well on the back side.:(

Also, I read a few weeks ago that the FAA:mickeymouse: will stop printing sectional charts in a couple of years.:shocked: You gotta go online and print it out:thumbdown:...............if you don't have moving maps onboard.:soapbox::soapbox:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,816  
The cold front blew in,, temp down to 78,:), I may build me a fire outside,, set around in shorts play like it cold.. with a cold beer of course.. Lou

61 degrees here now. So that is about right.............17 degree difference.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,817  
As I remember;) from A&P school...........minimum instrumentation for any production aircraft includes a Tach:confused3::confused3:. Am I incorrect about that?:confused3::confused3: Could be:eek:, as the frozen M&Ms with Mountain Dew don't work so well on the back side.:(

Also, I read a few weeks ago that the FAA:mickeymouse: will stop printing sectional charts in a couple of years.:shocked: You gotta go online and print it out:thumbdown:...............if you don't have moving maps onboard.:soapbox::soapbox:
hugs, Brandi

I stand corrected in my posting, yes, both had a tach.

I figured they would make mental cripples out of most, and do away with sectionals. How do they expect us to "scud run"? :confused3: :)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,818  
I stand corrected in my posting, yes, both had a tach.

I figured they would make mental cripples out of most, and do away with sectionals. How do they expect us to "scud run"? :confused3: :)

AAA.:rolleyes: Membership has access to free custom maps.:thumbsup:
I Follow Railroads (IFR):confused3:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,819  
maybe I could sweet talk a friend into letting me borrow an rv-6!

What is amazing to me, is all of the instruments in the small homebuilts. With the J-3, there was a compass, airspeed indicator and, my watch. I was glad to have the watch, as the fuel gauge didn't work so well. My Cessna 140A had a radio and attitude indicator, in addition to the above mentioned items, (and its fuel gauge worked!)

I'm not sure some of today's stuff is designed to be flown, by the seat of your pants, anymore, even the experimental stuff. :confused2: I hope they still make M-A-P-S. :laughing:

There have been a lot of requirement changes since your flying days..

http://www.eaa.org/sportaviationmag/2011/1103_ABEA_Requirements.pdf

But you could still wear your silk scarf and leather helmet :laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,820  
There have been a lot of requirement changes since your flying days..

http://www.eaa.org/sportaviationmag/2011/1103_ABEA_Requirements.pdf

But you could still wear your silk scarf and leather helmet :laughing:

I am younger than you are, pacerron! Better be careful though, or I'll beat you with my cane! I'll bet I could catch you to hit you, since I will only be 29 on my next birthday!

I think the hardest thing for me is to not cross taxiways, when told to taxi to the runway. If you only want me to taxi to taxi way Delta, and hold there, then "clear me to taxiway Delta", not to runway 17! :confused2: