Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #421  
I have rain this morning with a 16 mph wind from the South. Every little bit helps when we have a 20 inch deficit for last year.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #422  
I give free wine tastings at every market.

Bob, in our travels around the country, we visited a few wineries. I think all of them offered free tours and free tastings, except the Wollersheim Winery just out of Sauk City, WI. We visited it on August 8, 1992, and it was the only one that charged for their tour and tastings. Now it's an interesting place from a historical perspective, but I've told people they charge for the tour and tastings because they know you ain't gonna buy any of their wine.:laughing: In fact, they didn't have anything I'd have carried home if it had been free.:laughing:

Of course, as you said, taste is an individual matter. Wollersheim wine must be pretty good for them to have lasted as long as they have. I did see it in the local grocery store, and I see on their website the tour is still $5 just as it was when we were there.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #423  
I have rain this morning with a 16 mph wind from the South. Every little bit helps when we have a 20 inch deficit for last year.

NWS says we have a good chance Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday, so we'll hope.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #424  
Shiraz, Pinot Noir, and Merlot are good in place of the Cab Sauv (if you find them too heavy).

Merlot is a very drinkable grape and is used to mix in with the heavier red wines to lighten them up.

My wife's favorite is the Italian white wine St Helena Pinot Gregio. Very cold and crisp clean flavor.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
NWS says we have a good chance Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday, so we'll hope.

And 10-20 degrees cooler, which is just great! I work nights during the nice weather and as soon as I have to do a wood fence for the church, it's going to be colder during the daylight. Yesterday and today are almost like Spring.

A good 3 day soaking though, is welcome!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #427  
If you get a chance try some Lust Zinfandel. This is good stuff. Great with beef. Had some at Max's Wine Dive in San Antonio with a Kobe beef hamburger. It's delicious.
Michael-David Winery Lust Zinfandel, Lodi, USA

Max's Wine Dive

Wow! You seem to have the inside track on good eats. You always come up with these tempting spots with tasty nuances. It makes me want to follow you around to eating spots.:licking: But if I did, I'd be as big as a house.:( Yum!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Wow! You seem to have the inside track on good eats. You always come up with these tempting spots with tasty nuances. It makes me want to follow you around to eating spots.:licking: But if I did, I'd be as big as a house.:( Yum!

Jim, that may have it's advantages. A big guy needs a big tractor:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #429  

Yeah, and if I get much bigger, I'll have to start ordering my clothes from Dallas Tent & Awning.:eek:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #430  

Thanks Jim. It helps to have a job traveling and clients to entertain sometimes. :laughing: