Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,301  
We've been months now, without any appreciable rain. I was over in Bellville last week and the ground looks the same way as here. Huge cracks and dead grass.

The trees are starting to die. :(

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,302  
We've been months now, without any appreciable rain. I was over in Bellville last week and the ground looks the same way as here. Huge cracks and dead grass.

The trees are starting to die. :(
Same here. Heard on the radio this morning that Central Texas lakes are in trouble. We had a little sprinkle a few weeks ago but dry as bone here. Everything is dying including the cactus. In really hard times, the ranchers down here will feed cleaned cactus to the cattle. Don't know what they'll do now. Supposed to get some rain this weekend. Sunday is the best chance at 40%. :rolleyes:

It's 78 now and heading to 104 today. Heat Index is expected to be 109. I gotta get ready to go to the store. BOL to yawl north of here.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,303  
Was woke in the early morning by the weather radio about a severe thunderstorm close to us. Don't think we got any rain but can't be for sure as I went back to bed. Forecast for today is 96 F with a 30% chance of rain. Time to get out the winter clothes.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,304  
We got some rain up here last night. It's a chilly 72 here this mid-morning.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,308  
Nice rain coming down now up here. 68 degrees, high forecast is 79. Much needed.

Hope the rest of Texas gets needed rain soon!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,310  
Had some nice rains well spaced this mid summer.........but .......it's dry now......and.....the real heat is gone too.....nice and cool mornings and daytime highs in low eighties. Been hung up with medical issues and hate to miss these good working outdoor days....here in eastern mid Kansas.

But....Life is good.

Mike