Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,242  
image.jpg rain sure helped the rye grass take off at the new place.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,243  
I think we got 8-10" here south of Bastrop but it dried out pretty fast, but we have really sandy soil. Pond is full:

Image1461378471.366890.jpg

Cypress (our main home), well that's quite the mess. No water in our house, thankfully. We got 14-15".

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,244  
I think we got 8-10" here south of Bastrop but it dried out pretty fast, but we have really sandy soil. Pond is full:

View attachment 465828

Cypress (our main home), well that's quite the mess. No water in our house, thankfully. We got 14-15".
In my 9th and 10 grade years, we lived ON the south side of Cypress Creek. About two miles west of Stubner-Airline. Great place to grow up................until we had to pull the carpets up and float our clothes out in a rubber raft not once, but twice before we moved. Back then we were really out in the sticks. Most fun and painful time of my teen age years. We actually had 63 feet creek frontage. Now, on the north side across the creek is Klein's soccer parks and Cypresswood Dr..............which was made infamous this week as a waterway on national news.
Good times and sad times.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,245  
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,246  
Rick, thanks for the link, just viewed it. Nice drone shots. I wonder if she does snakes, just came across a 2' coral.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,247  
Rick, thanks for the link, just viewed it. Nice drone shots. I wonder if she does snakes, just came across a 2' coral.

Best controlled with a sharp shovel!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,249  
Jim,
That is pretty awesome. Did you plant anything else for after it gets to hot for the rye?
hugs, Brandi

That's next on my to do list,just gotta figure out what. I will probably end up sprigging it once I get over there but I really haven't decided.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,250  
Yesterday was gorgeous and today is supposed to be just like it. However, it appears North Texas is supposed to have two more evenings of potential severe weather Tuesday and Wednesday. Lake Lavon is over full, again. And the State Farm guy who lost his last company van to Wylie's last episode of severe weather was at our house again yesterday for another four hours. He tossed the original storm's estimate of damage and added an additional $5,000.00 for more severe damage. That saved us having to pay two deductibles, a lot of insurance companies are hitting homeowners up for the two deductibles. It's up to almost $18,000.00 now. Hartford just deposited almost $1,900.00 for damages to Lucy (old timers know Lucy).

I've heard autos and trucks older than 2011 are automatically totaled. I was told yesterday that someone saw on the telly that 10,000 automobiles in Wylie were totaled between the two storms.