TG1860 vs G2160

/ TG1860 vs G2160 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm looking at both of these models and I really like the shaft driven G2160 but I like the cheaper price of the TG1860. Would the shaft drive and hydraulic deck warrant the increase in cost, in your opinion. My dad has a '85 G4200 (Diesel) that looks and runs like brand new so I want something comparable to that. Thanks in advance! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ TG1860 vs G2160
Bama
i had looked at the 1860 when i bouht the BX1800,nice lawn tractor! you didn't indicate what size deck you seek,the 1860 will only take up to 54,the other a 60",as far as shaft vs. belt no real differnce in performance. some decks are easyer to attach with shaft drive but not really the case with these tractors.In my opinion the hyd. lift would not be that important,because the manual lift has assist piston,you can lift the deck with one finger.the only exception might be a snow blower witch might require more efford,that is might,i never tried it with a blower. So i gess my feeling is go with the cheaper 1860 if your main purpose is cutting grass.