Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way.

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #1  

KirkMcD

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
Though I never asked any question, after reading through a years worth of posts with all the great advice given I've decided to get a BX23. It will be a little small for my needs now, but perfect for the long haul.

It should be ready before next weekend.

Included in the purchase will be the 60" MMM, Snowblower, Bar and Turf tires, 48" Woods BB, 40" Woods tiller and the HD alternator.

The dealer is including at no extra charge, a block heater and will weld on three hooks to the FEL. The HD alternator is also being installed without any additional charge.

Being in NY, I think I got a fair price for everything and I really like the dealer.

This will be my first lawn tractor of any kind.

-- Kirk

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #2  
Welcome to BXville!
I'm sure you're as excited as I was a year ago this time (Still am, BTW!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Be sure to post some pix and update your profile as soon as you get your new addition home.

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #3  
Congratulations. You will be pleasantly suprised at how well this machine works. I have a few hours on mine and it is like a little tank. Good Luck!!

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #4  
Excellent choice... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #5  
Enjoy the ride.... And congradulations. I have been considering the upgrade to the BX23 as well for a couple of months now and just when you think you have covered all your bases.... I just have to ask what the HD alternator is? I'm assuming Heavy Duty? If so what is the concern I should have vs what comes with the tractor? Thanks.

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This will be my first lawn tractor of any kind.
-- Kirk )</font>

Well, calling a BX23 a lawn tractor might be a bit misleading. Sounds like you figured out just the right tractor for your needs, though. Good luck.

/ Thanks Everybody! New BX23 on the way. #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just have to ask what the HD alternator is? I'm assuming Heavy Duty? If so what is the concern I should have vs what comes with the tractor?)</font>

The unit that is standard on the machine bearly can run two additional lights. Folks who want to add more lighting and other 12v accessories need to upgrade to the heavy duty alternator which puts out a LOT more juice than the stock unit.