Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
well, actually Ron F. is at work.

Attachments

• 35-159321-MVC-010F.JPG
    35-159321-MVC-010F.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 148
   / The arc fit notcher at work
We had a good time. I have to give him credit for not tripping or falling or stumbling over the mess.

Attachments

• 35-159322-MVC-009F.JPG
    35-159322-MVC-009F.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 115
   / The arc fit notcher at work #3  
Well guys, I have been to Harv's place, actually spent most of the day there, and I think I actually saw about 1/4 of his cool stuff. To say that Harv is a craftsman is about like saying that Picasso was a painter./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The arc fit notcher is a really great tool for making 90 degree notched joints in pipe. Unfortunately for me, the pipe I am using for my fence has too thick a wall for the notcher (at least without it being in a hydraulic press), so Harv showed me how to cut saddles with a plasma cutter. Really great stuff. He also showed me how to weld pipe, something I really need some practice at. BTW, Harv is an unbelievable welder. Makes it look easy, no matter what the thickness of material, no matter what the orientation of the piece.

You guys just wait till you see his backhoe for his skid steer. Just plain amazing.

Harv is a great example of someone who is not only willing, but very cheerful about helping out those of us who are interested in learning about metal work. I feel very lucky to live close enough to actually get over to his shop, and to have him share his valuable time with me.

Thanks again Harv, you are one in a million.

/ The arc fit notcher at work #4  
Ron, you forgot your TBN hat /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
PJ

/ The arc fit notcher at work #5  
You guys are still just friends, right?

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Ok, I'm just jealous. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Jerry

/ The arc fit notcher at work #6  
pajoube: I guess I need one of those TBN hats for any future photo shoots I do/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

MrWurm: Yeah, I count myself lucky enough to call Harv a friend. He really is something else.