The B2920 chronicles

/ The B2920 chronicles #71  
Thanks for the info. Like to see the dolly tractchores. Been thinking about building one for BH and FEL

/ The B2920 chronicles
New the the forum. Bought a B2920 last Oct '13. FEL , BH65 and 60" MMM. Wife wasn't sure at first but after using it to move old mulch and clear mulberry tree from one of our tree line I think she is beinging to like it. She does mow with it and sem to be ok with it.

I have some questions and hope someone out there can help me with. First the backhoe will slowly drift down over a couple days to the floor if I don't pin it, is this normal and is anybody else having issue. Second if I don't place the mower height adjustment to "top" the 3 pt hitch will go down and lower the MMM, I don't have any implements yet to see if the same thing will happen. I did just take it back in to get a hose replaced but stil have the issue. Hope someone can help with this issue.

You should always pin the BH when not in use, just get in the habit of pinning it after you finish. Its normal for it to leak down over time. Bucket and BH feet will also leak down a bit over time.

As for the mower height adjustment you raise the 3 point hitch all the way to the top, this takes the weight off the mower height adjustment cam so you can turn the knob. Crawl under there (with the tractor off) and look at the bottom of the mower height adjustment knob shaft, you will see a cam under there with a bunch of height settings, that's how it works. When you lower the 3 point (and the deck with it) it will rest on one of those cam settings. You won't be able to turn the knob with the deck lowered. The 3 point will continue to lower a bit but the deck will stop at the height setting you choose. For tooling around moving mulch or whatever with the mower deck on yes you have to raise the 3 point up all the way then adjust the mower deck height knob to Top.

Now that said how they designed this to work is a poor design imo. Others share that opinion. I also have found I have to adjust the height on the knob to the highest setting, not Top but next notch down or it cuts the grass too low. Maybe its just the weight of the tractor or the R4 tires but the height adjustment is kind of worthless on my lawn.

/ The B2920 chronicles
In other news I'm nearly out of brush to destroy with my B2920 :hissyfit: I dove into the last 30x80 foot patch of blackberries, vine maples, and assorted trees and dead branches weekend before last, I just finished burning the like 10 piles of debris yesterday. All that's left is a couple stumps to dig and one last vine maple the rest is dirt!