The BEAST has arrived!

/ The BEAST has arrived! #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
After almost a month of waiting... It is here!! Time to do WORK!! Well actually the 9540 is in the shop getting the 3rd function installed at the moment. Maybe if I slip the shop guys beer money I can have her back by 5. Drum roll please....

15.jpg This thing is 84 inches HUGE.

16.jpg Completely inclosed cylinders.

17.jpg Hoses are inside the frame.

18.jpg That gray appears to match the Kubota grey!

Hope this isn't more than the little M9540 wants, now that I see it I wonder. I do have loaded rear tires, cast wheel centers and two sets of rear wheel weights.
I plan on tearing out old fence rows, rooting smaller trees and bushes, holding logs up to be sawed for fire wood, feeding round bales and moving cars parked in the fire lane.

/ The BEAST has arrived! #2  
You'll be happy with it, I know that I am with mine. :thumbsup: Their paint sure looks a LOT better than mine did back when I got mine 6 years ago. CID makes some good stuff and looks like they have been improving on the finish some. :cool:

Attachments

• PC200041.JPG
    PC200041.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 549
  • PC200033.JPG
    PC200033.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 610
  • P1010003a.jpg
    P1010003a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 533
   / The BEAST has arrived!
They finished the 3rd function about 3pm today. I love this thing, already pushed up two brush piles and set them on fire. I was afraid it was too big but so far so good. Pics of it on the 9540, and the fire to follow. I was so busy smiling that I didn't get any pics today!

/ The BEAST has arrived! #5  
You'll love the grapple. My Kubota dealer told me that if I bought a grapple it would stay on my M9540 90% of the time...he was right. Unless I need the load/unload something the pallet forks, move hay with the stinger, or do dirt work with the bucket, my grapple is on the tractor. Not just for brush. I move implements around and move/pick up other stuff too. I went the cheaper route and run mine off rear remotes since I have 2 sets.

You will probably want to modify your brush gaurd on the front of your tractor because I had a limb put a dent in the mesh under the headlights. You can see what I have done. I added mesh to the upper part, made a chain box with receiver tube, but I still need to finish the middle.

Attachments

• Grill Guard Painted3.jpg
    Grill Guard Painted3.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 423
  • Grill Guard Painted4.jpg
    Grill Guard Painted4.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG00036.jpg
    IMG00036.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 554
   / The BEAST has arrived! #6  
enjoy your new grapple.

/ The BEAST has arrived!
Thanks to all, and you guys are right, I love this monster! I spent most of the day cleaning up small under growth around larger trees. So much faster and cleaner than using a dirt bucket.

clee4020, I too have two sets of remotes but seemed like having the "rocket launcher" buttons on the joy stick would be faster/smoother operation, so I had the dealer include 3rd function in the price of the tractor.

My dealer came over after work last night to check out how it was working and also warned about breaking the latch and pushing the brush guard backwards into the hood and lights with larger limbs and recommended sticking a bolt into the hole the opposite of the latch (passenger side of brush guard)

I was thinking about adding heavy punch plate to my brush guard but I almost hate to weld and need to repaint it.

Here are some poor quality pics (cell phone/sunset) I took with it all mounted up.

19.jpg 20.jpg

/ The BEAST has arrived!
Forgot about this one. 21.JPG

/ The BEAST has arrived! #9  
Yea, it doesn't seem right welding on something new, but it may keep you from buying a new radiator. Luckily I bought mine used and it already had a few scratches and paint faded on some areas of the brush guard. I think it looks better now than when I bought it.

Attachments

• Grill Guard.jpg
    Grill Guard.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Grill Guard Painted5.jpg
    Grill Guard Painted5.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 312
   / The BEAST has arrived!
Well I'm for sure going to have to do something, today I dented the screen below the lights!! :( But luckily not too bad, I just opened the hood and pushed it out by hand !! :D