The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #1  

Dave1953

Silver Member
Tractor
5000 Ford, 2019 New Holland Boomer 55 Cab, 935GBH BH
Folks, after 6 months and 17 days of waiting the Boomer 55 finally was delivered today, minus the brush guard. They claimed the "couldn't find it" and didn't even bother to tell me they were delivering it without it until I called back to the dealer and asked them where it was at. I'm sure they put it on another tractor and didn't order another one and was hoping I wouldn't notice it. Boy, what a step up from a TC34DA. I Just took it up the street and back to get a feel for it. It is top heavy and rocks back and forth unlike the other one. You actually have to use the brakes too. When you release the go pedal on the TC34 it stops dead in it's tracks if you abruptly release it. This one will coast when you take your foot off the pedal and if your going downhill it will just keep coasting. I have a lot of learning to do to get used to this one. I'm really apprehensive about this Tier 4 stuff and just from reading the manual it looks like it is gonna be a pain. Is there someone on here that has a NH tier 4 engine that can enlighten me about it's quirks? It goes into regen a minimum of once every 4 hours and it looks like anything can happen from nothin' to completely stopping what your doing and let it go thru it's 30 to 40 minute regeneration process. Any input on that subject appreciated. :D

Attachments

• DSCN1600.JPG
    DSCN1600.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 426
  • DSCN1604.JPG
    DSCN1604.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 366
  • DSCN1605.JPG
    DSCN1605.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 414
  • DSCN1601.JPG
    DSCN1601.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 421
  • DSCN1606.JPG
    DSCN1606.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 385
  • DSCN1608.JPG
    DSCN1608.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 351
  • DSCN1609.JPG
    DSCN1609.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 247
  • DSCN1611.JPG
    DSCN1611.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 318
  • DSCN1599.JPG
    DSCN1599.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 356
   / The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #2  
Looks good, enjoy

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #3  
Nice tractor / setup! You will definitely get some work done. CONGRATS! :thumbsup::drink:

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #4  
Is there someone on here that has a NH tier 4 engine that can enlighten me about it's quirks? It goes into regen a minimum of once every 4 hours and it looks like anything can happen from nothin' to completely stopping what your doing and let it go thru it's 30 to 40 minute regeneration process. Any input on that subject appreciated. :D

Congratulations.

My Boomer 40 is tier 4, same engine.

There is no Regen every 4 hours. That was the previous model. You will regen roughly every 50 hours depending on use. There are lights on the dash to tell you what it's doing and if you see the lights just rev up to 2000 or above if you're not doing PTO work. The rpms help generate the heat faster. Regen will take about 15-20 minutes and you do not have to stop what you are doing. Both of my regens at 50 and 100 hours were seamless when I was mowing.

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #5  
You have a great tractor. Don't worry about the regen. That's a twin to my LS4155HC with a different loader. I have over 1200 hrs on mine with only minor issues. I do a lot of dirt work/shredder work with mine, it regens about every 35 hrs or so with no issue. If its not done with regen when I'm done I just park it in the open and let it finish. My regens are around 10 min.

Mine will "coast" a little. On mine I don't think its really coasting, it's just the slow return of the pedal to "N". You can slowly/gently press the reverse pedal and the tractor will slow down/stop. Obviously not something to do in high range going down hill as you can skid the back tires and lose control.

I really wanted the BH attachment but just couldn't justify it. I have traded out my cab work lights for LED's I got from Atwoods. Huge difference and they bolt right up in the stock location.

Enjoy the new tractor!!!

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #6  
Looks GREAT! Congratulations!

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered #7  
Good luck with new tractor. Very interesting because I was just looking at 2 post before and a guy was asking about the mounting point for a backhoe thumb on his ls hoe just like yours . The mounting point on the ls looks like a joke compared to the mounting pont on the NH hoe. Food for thought.:drink:

/ The Boomer 55 / Cab / BH has finally been delivered
Well thats a blessing to hear. The owners manual that I have been reading is a 2016 publishing date that I bought. The one that came with it is dated July 2018. I thought there was some descreptency between the 2. That news made my day. I was dreading this regen business. Thanks so much for informing me.

So your saying the BH on the LS is a bit anemic? I have studied the loader on the LS also and it looks like it's a little cheaper built. Just my observation, I could be wrond. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and the fact that at 66 this will probably be the last new tractor I will ever buy money wasn't a consideration.

Someone else suggested putting LED work lights on it. Tell me more about the ones you replaced yours with. Another thing, they forgot to put the brush guard on it. This dealer is only 6 miles from the house but they don't even stock Boomers because they say everyone wants the cheaper Workmasters. They don't know anything about Boomers. They did not use any of the pre delivery checklist and no one explained anything to me about the tractor. They just dumped it off and ran. I would not reccomend them to anyone. They are really a Kubota dealer pretending to be a NH dealer. The other day they had 2 new NH tractors on the lot and about 100 Kubotas. If you Google their name there will be a picture of the building with a New Holland sign up above and 3 Kubota tractors setting underneath the sign. That says it all!