The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #11  
"Bullit" is my favorite...you really need to see if on the big screen to get the effect. I saw it at a theater when it first came out...I really felt the stomach moving up and down during that chase...one of McQueen's best. LOL...now, an IMAX screen...boy, I'll guarantee a case of motion sickness if viewed on a IMAX screen!

Another great chase scene is in "Ronin". Check that flick out...cool story too! Especially if you're a gun enthusiast as I am.

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #12  
Roy, I agree on "Ronin" I just wish the cars were the old US iron I grew up with.Thunder Road played last night on TCM it was great to see that movie again. I heard some of those scenes were filmed at Deal's Gap NC I'd like to go there next year and do some ridin'.

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #13  
Thunder Road was on last night!

I also agree with Ronin, but you can't miss the original "Italian Job"? The opening scene is a Lambo carving up the Italian alps!

Also, check out "Transporter" he does some amazing stuff in a BMW and a MBZ...............

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #14  
I saw Thunder Road at a drive-in movie theater the year it was made, and I'd just about completely forgotten what happened in the movie, so I watched it last night on TV. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #15  
NPR did a piece on movie car chases about a month ago that pretty much mentioned every movie listed in this thread so far. I need to get to the movie store and catch up.

I have to put in my vote for "Road Warrior". (of course, as slow as I am, it was half way through before I figured out the reason all the vehicles had the steering wheel on the wrong side!)
Did any one else notice the white posts at regular intervals along the highway? I assume they were there to help choreograph the chase.

And altho it wasn't really a "chase", I loved the scene in "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" where they hitchhike with the crazy guy with the raccoon and all the rabbits in the trunk.

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #16  
"Thunder Road was on last night!"

And there was thunder, thunder over Thunder Road
Thunder was his engine, and white lightning was his load
There was moonshine, moonshine to quench the Devil’s thirst
The law they swore they'd get him, but the Devil got him first.

Such a cool movie!

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #17  
My vote (vote's) go for Ronin and the original Italian job also. Ronin was so intense, it just gets my heart pounding. And the gal with the Irish accent was cool in a weird kind of way /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dave

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #19  
BTW,
The Hitchcock classic "North by Northwest" is considered to be THE chase scene movie that which all since are judged.

/ The Chase... Vanishing Point 1, Bullit 0 #20  
Roy, I agree with you on Ronin for car chases. But for gun play I just can't pass up "Heat." I have both in my DVD library, along with Bullitt and the original "Italian Job."