The cows came home and brought this today....

/ The cows came home and brought this today....
the cows are taking it back to the dealer tomorrow - mine is the 3rd one howling if its like the other two they noticed when setting up, they are opening a case with deere - the tech checked today there are no updates but if we are going to run it till it quits we need to have it documented - its definitely gearbox noise, under load whines n howls - like I said it reminds me of a hydro/combine whine taking off down the road high speed - if you throttle down it quits, when you throttle back up and it engages the gears/drive putting it under load it howls like a hound - its not normal, I don't have any gearbox on my place that howls like this thing and ive got gearboxes that are 60 yrs old and been a million times around in a circle - my guess is gear lash/shims or lack there of.

so we ponder, - maybe a bad batch of GBs - maybe some bad Gears, the guy doing the shims was off that day? or lost count ?

not sure but hopefully they will figure it out. I rebuilt a gearbox in my Chinese tiller last year, I purchased it with straight gears and they had issues so quit making them that way and the replacement gears are spiral beveled and I was able to get it shimmed up and it runs quiet - I am sure if I modified it I could probably get it to sound quieter but that would void my wty.............so back n forth I am sure will be the deal here

/ The cows came home and brought this today....
deere replaced the mmm gearbox and it seems to be much quieter I can hear the engine and blades now YAY - hopefully it was just a bad one and not a bad run of them - time will tell fingers crossed