The Cultipacker Project.

/ The Cultipacker Project. #21  
Yes! He did a very good job on that bore.

/ The Cultipacker Project.
I have all the cracked wheels welded and back home. Waiting on three new ones that just shipped from Everything Attachments and I will have all the wheels in good shape for re-assembly. Right now everything is stacked in the garage waiting for me to get back to work on it. Got the metal to build a new tongue and need to get a couple bushings made to replace the cracked ones that go around the main pivot bolt where the two gangs of wheels pivot up and down. Some idgit put bolts in there that were two sizes two small and they chewed out the two original bushings and cracked them all up. Seeing that ticked me off not just because I had to make a new set but There was no reason for that kind of stupidity and I can never replace the originals. Right now is the middle of Retriever Hunt test and Field Trial season and I am a little tied up with running my dog on the weekends so my garage will continue to look like this for a while.

WIN_20160509_17_57_11_Pro.jpgWIN_20160509_17_57_20_Pro.jpg

Found a good source for the wood bushings on my cultipacker and will be ordering a set. Website is: Odd Shaped Custom Bearings | Woodex.

Having a good season with my dog so I'm going for a title and trying to qualify for the Master National and National Amateur tests so running three out of 4 weekends in June. Looks like July will be cultipacker time.

/ The Cultipacker Project. #24  
Good luck with the Retriever tests... back in collage we used to throw birds for trails in Texas. Pretty fun to watch as some dogs would come up to us with a "look"... Where'd you throw that Bird?!?!? Impressive when a dog does what he's suppose to do.

...and thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

Wow had to search to find this old thread. Life got busy and the cultipacker project got shoved to the back burner for a while. Now it is even more hectic with me retiring at the end of the month. We sold our house in 4 days so I will be homeless July 1. I moved my cultipacker wheels and axles and all the small parts to my property in Southern Illinois where I have a barn. But no house yet. Will be building asap. Since I was going to lose my access to a good shop I decided to finish the fabricating of the new tongue and got it done yesterday. Here are some photos. Decided to keep the "duck bill" on the end of the tongue. It turned out pretty good. I should have everything ready to do the final sanding and rust removal for painting. Since I am soon to be retired hopefully I will have some time to finish up this project.

IMG_0427_zpsyg2v7rrf.jpg

IMG_0428_zpsbv0rv162.jpg