The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,352  
A tragic story and a tragic day
Bruce Springsteens mom passed away a few days ago at 93. She went to many of his concerts.

mark

/ The day the music died. #1,353  
Brian Wilson's wife apparently died this past week, as well. For as much credit as the guy gets, I think he's still one of the most under-appreciated and under-highlighted song writers and creators of his era. Perhaps if the Beatles hadn't come along right at the peak of his creativity...

/ The day the music died. #1,356  
   / The day the music died. #1,357  
Really great guy. There was a family connection to my cousin (Toby was married to my cousin's step sister) and Toby sent an autographed guitar to be auctioned for his (the cousin's) benefit.

Just imagine, he was battleing cancer, fighting for his life and still cared enough to try to help another.

Loved his music. May he rest in peace.

/ The day the music died. #1,358  
Not dead, but a last chance for Yes fans to see Rick Wakeman's one-man show:

Always appreciated Wakeman's contribution, both musically and his ever-inappropriate speeches. Here's a clip from their R&R Hall of Fame induction, for anyone who missed it, but warnings it's not all family-friendly:
I got to meet Rick - and Chris Squire, Alan White, and Jon Anderson as well - after a show in St. Louis, back in '02 I think. Super nice guy. Rather tall guy. In fact, all of those guys were super nice. Only Steve Howe didn't make an appearance, as he's famously shy around strangers.

Awesome story, David. 😂

/ The day the music died. #1,359  
According to Wikipedia, Roni Stoneman of the Stonemans and Hee Haw died Feb. 24, 2024. Roni did ironing skits wjth Gordie Tapp as her husband on Hee Haw. She was the taller sister when she, Donna and two or three brothers did their playing and singing act. Her main instrument was the banjo.

/ The day the music died. #1,360  
Britt Turner, drummer for Blackberry Smoke died from a brain tumor. He was 57.

I saw this band a few years ago at the local district fair and they were a solid.