The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets..

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #11  
I've been told Fluid Film would also work.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #12  
I can't imagine all the southern drivers trying to deal with even that little snow. Didn't some city in Texas basically close down over like an inch a few years ago? Not talking about the foot or so the panhandle got back in 2015, but before that.

Even in parts of Ohio we don't get much snow and I've seen the township try to plow less than an inch of snow. The blade doesn't even hit the ground.

When I used to live in big snow country, the plows stayed parked until 6".

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #13  
I can't imagine all the southern drivers trying to deal with even that little snow. Didn't some city in Texas basically close down over like an inch a few years ago? Not talking about the foot or so the panhandle got back in 2015, but before that.

I live about 100 miles north of the Mexican border and even here we do get some snow. Usually I use my x749 for snow clearing as it is easier to trailer in inclement weather. I don't bother with snow equipment because there is not enough to warrant it most winters. Just use a cheap, light weight rear blade with the mower.

Attachments

• 20151227_092257 (2).jpg
    20151227_092257 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 20160115_102348 (1).jpg
    20160115_102348 (1).jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 76
  • 20160106_135622 (1).jpg
    20160106_135622 (1).jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 83
   / The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #14  
I've been told Fluid Film would also work.
This is what I use on my snow blade, and my BCS blower. I cover everything with it on the blower, to keep the cables, chute, and chute gears free from ice. The larger blade on the tractor gets a light coat before it's first use, and then occasionally during the winter as it wears off.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #15  
I've been snowed out a couple of times on Arizona vacations. Once it was about 6" in a Grand Canyon blizzard (we couldn't see the canyon!); we drove south for a couple of hours and everything was beautiful.

The other time was when the Canada Winter Games were held in PEI and we headed to the Benson/Sierra Vista area to get away from the influx of visitors back home. We had nearly 6" of snow there in southern AZ, while back home they were shoveling snow out of the woods onto the X-country ski trails.

When I was a kid visiting my grandparents in Nogales, I remember waking up on Christmas morning to a nice blanket of fresh snow (almost a storybook tale!).

The thing about AZ (or any of that S. USA belt) is that, except at the highest elevations, the snow usually goes away in a day or three. Not so much here in the frozen north.

As they say, we have 8 months of winter and 4 months of bad sledding.

We tried PAM in our new MUTS trailer this winter, but it wore off too fast (it also made it incredibly exciting to stand/walk into the trailer!). I seldom have much of an issue with snow sticking in the bucket; overly wet, half-composted horse manure+bedding can sometimes be a different matter, but I just put up with it since a non-stick treatment is too temporary for my liking.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #16  
Weld a heavy chain in bucket.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #17  
Fluid film works good on the bucket. I also spray it inside the chute on my snowblower and it works well there too.