the gray stuff...servicing,insurance,ect

/ the gray stuff...servicing,insurance,ect #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
couple questions about purchasing a new tractor.after purchasing a new tractor do you have to take it back for service at a particular point??the deer dealer says no,kubota not sure.and if you purchase insurance at the dealer does it cover your interest in the tractor[damage,your equity,ect]or just the banks end???any body have an insurance story??i think this is good info to know before purchasing??

/ the gray stuff...servicing,insurance,ect #3  
Don't think of tractor owning/purchasing similar to owning/purchasing a car. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

In most cases, your homeowners insurance will cover the tractor - as long as it remains on your property!!!! The best thing to do is to call your insurance agent and tell them what you are doing and what your plans are for the tractor. In Maryland with my insurance company, it was covered as long as it remained on my property. As soon as it crossed the property line, I was on my own. If it was stolen, damaged, or I caused damage to other property, I was responsible for those costs under my homeowners insurance. I purchased a separate policy to cover me and the equipment - $500 a year. As far as I'm concerned, well worth the money to have the protection. Too many people out there with $$ in the eyes!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Keep in mind, that in most states the tractor is not even registered unlike your car or truck. So.... your on your own.

As far as servicing, it depends on the dealer. Remember, there is no free lunch. Some dealers may come for the first service, but be prepared to pay!! As far as warranty work, it depends upon the problem. With that in mind, be prepared to service your equipment if you have the ways and means. In most cases, the filters,oils, and fluids are a somewhat expensive but worth their price. Follow the manufacturers servicing schedules and you'll have a piece of equipment that will last for years and years.

I just remember something to do when changing your oil. I picked this up from the JD service guy. Prior to putting on your new filter, scratch the number of hours on the filter for reference. It's documented and always easy to check that way.

Terry

/ the gray stuff...servicing,insurance,ect #4  
On the JD insurance. It is full coverage with a $500 deductable. If the tractor is stolen or destroyed by fire (a total loss), the insurance company will pay you book or appraised value of the tractor minus what is owed. If you wreck it, they will pay the amount of repair above the deductable. Attached is a clause from the insurance policy stating how much they will pay.

About the servicing. JD doesn't require you to have your tractor serviced by them. But if you do the servicing yourself, it is wise to save all receipts as proof.

Billy

Attachments

• 46-221047-valuation.jpg
    46-221047-valuation.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 73