The gully to pond project

/ The gully to pond project
I converted my loader to a Universal Quick Attach when I bought my grapple. I modified my bucket to this, and bought a set of pallet forks that are already set up for this.

Wow! Nice! So, you don't have to have x-ray vision to see through the bucket when using the forks.:rolleyes:

/ The gully to pond project #92  
I couldn't tell for your pictures if you do it as well but I like to curl my bucket as far as it goes in the dump position then drive it into the ground and lift the front tires off the ground by at least a half foot (usually more) before putted down the outriggers. If you can get the angle of the bottom edge of the bucket so it will dig in when your back hoe tries to pull you backward it really helps. You may have already figured this out though.

If you can get the angle of the bottom edge of the bucket so it will dig in when your back hoe tries to pull you backward it really helps. You may have already figured this out though.

That's exactly why I do it. Often I'm working on an incline so steep that if I lay the bucket down flat and spin around to lower the outriggers, I find myself rolling backwards before I can get the outriggers down. By burying the lip of the bucket I'm held in place well. I also know that if the bucket is not digging into flat ground, the side of the bucket in the air will be a bit shaky even with the outrigger down on that side. When you swing around with a full backhoe bucket out at the extended position of the backhoe, the opposite side outrigger wants to lift up. It's all just 'fun stuff' when working on a slope.:rolleyes:

/ The gully to pond project #94  
Steep slopes can be fun. It's real fun when you can't see what your digging and half to get off and take a look. I found that if you need to trench it's best to go down them by leaving the BH bucket in the trench as an anchor to lower you down to the next digging point. Then you just level yourself out the best you can with the front bucket. It gets a little tricky because you have to work the BH and the FEL together.

/ The gully to pond project #95  
Yeah Brandi, it sure would be nice to have an excavator, but being a rookie I can just see myself in the situation below. Sheesh!:eek::laughing:

Could this be of any help to you sir? :)

strange-russian-tractor.jpg

All I did was Google "tractor" for an illustration I'm doing, & that popped up :laughing:

/ The gully to pond project #96  

All I did was Google "tractor" for an illustration I'm doing, & that popped up :laughing:

That is not a tractor. It is a pink Russian spud digger:laughing:
hugs, Brandi

/ The gully to pond project #97  

Looks like something from a Spiderman movie. I wonder how many different hoes you can dig with at once.

That is not a tractor. It is a pink Russian spud digger:laughing:
hugs, Brandi

I don't know what it is, but somebody has too much time on their hands during the long Russian winter.:rolleyes:

I like the single tire. If you can't figure out how to walk this thing, then push yourself along on one wheel.:laughing:

/ The gully to pond project #100