The Hairs on the Back of my Neck

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #1  

StoneHeartFarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650/AC B210
Okay, guys, here's something to bounce around.

What are the odds that we are playing right into Bin Laden's hands? The bombing in New York was more than just an attempt to kill a lot of people. It was an attempt to lure us into an attack. These guys understand "shoot and scoot" and used it against the Russians real well. They also know that they can lure a superior enemy into range by playing such tricks.

So, the scenario is: The planes crash. We get mad and charge in, gonna Desert Storm their behinds. Bin Laden figures the terrain and his military ability will at least keep him alive, and even if it doesn't, he's accomplished his goal. We wind up with a long and costly battle. In the meantime, more of the sleepers that have been hiding in this country and others go into action. Now, it's no longer criminal. It's viewed as an act of war by supporters and sympathizers all over the world. Everytime something else hits, we get madder and try harder. Soon, we begin to lose support from other governments since they also typically ride alot on popular opinion. Either that or the whole region rises up agianst us and were down the tubes.

So, waddya think?

SHF

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #2  
I think that it is a little far fetched.

The military has learned from its past mistakes and seems to be cautiously planning their plan of action. We may have special forces on the ground but I think that they're in the intelligence gathering mode.

Patience Grasshopper.....

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #3  
I think the whole reagion then will be turned into the '"United Arab States of America'' and we will run the whole area. Since they have not learned how to play nice with others, they will have to be treated like children. We have the power to do so, and now have the backing to do it as well.

18-30445-von.gif

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #4  
Does that mean we get to keep their oil?

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #5  
Well sure, why not. They will be part of the good ol' USA. So that just means the oil co's can sell it to us and charge more! I guess we have to take the bad with the good!

18-30445-von.gif

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #6  
I had this thought a while back. Bin Laden had to know we would retaliate and is probably just waiting. Maybe that's why we haven't done a massive military operation yet. I think most people realize the 9-11 attacks were just the first.

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #7  
I am a little more optomistic. The original plans for 9-11 was much larger perhaps 12-16 planes hijacked. The FBI and other police agencies have pretty much shredded that organization.

Everyone of middle eastern descent is watched carefully in public. It would be very hard to mount a large scale coordinated attack right now. I suspect they will lay low for away and wait. That will give us some time to further burst their bubble. Perhaps a car bombing or an individual suicide bomber but nothing on the magnitude of 9-11.

Rick

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #8  
I've been thinking along those lines also. Just think what bin Laden could have done but didn't. He could have sent those planes into a nuclear plant. Just think what would have happened if Indian Point nuke plant was hit. It's north of NYC in Peekskill. Tens of thousands would be dead from radiation associated diseases.
I think that what we are doing is good. Get the support of every other government and then make sure we don't injure any non-military people or targets.
I also think that bin Laden was hoping for a big attack from the US and then we would have looked like the bad guy also. He could then certainly justify a counter attack possibly bigger than the first one. Let's just hope that the FBI and CIA, etc have cleaned up any other of bin Laden's people here.

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #9  
I have another bizarre scenario.

Bin Laden delivers himself to the US voluntarily, asking for a trial in the US. He thus must be tried under constitutional evidence standards. There is insufficient evidence to prove he committed a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. (He probably kills all witnesses in Afghanistan before he gives up.). He goes free. Can't be tried again because of double jeopardy.

He is now a worldwide hero. He becomes a media star. He is endlessly on TV giving interviews and commentating on world events.

/ The Hairs on the Back of my Neck #10  
Shivers!!!!!!

Fortunately it is double jeopardy for the same crime.
I think we have enough on him for several crimes.
Plus the trials would/could take years!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
He might just an accident while awaiting trial.

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Retired Yuppie Tractor Owner