The highest quality American Made LED light

/ The highest quality American Made LED light
HI Mike,

I know a little bit about the BIN process since I am in the electronics industry - the real meaning the acronym BIN is Brightness Index Number and yes there are color ranges as well controlled in a similar manner.

You are correct that different LED's have a different BIN value and color value. There are many makers of LED's these are usually rated in watts. Where the BIN comes in, is manufacturers sort LED by the brightness then label them accordingly with a BIN #. In order to obtain the same output from different BIN # LED requires a different resistor combination thus voltage that then equalizes the output across different BIN levels.

What the manufacturers who put these together (electronics assembly) they have what is called a variant map, which lists what LED BIN values map to which resistor values to create equal brightness output of an LED.

We supply software that automatically maps the variant of the BIN value to the correct resistor value during the manufacturing process and this ensures the light output across multiple units and final end product quality.

Yes, it is complex, but I wanted to clarify the binning process - its not putting stuff in bins..

Carl

Thanks for the in depth explanation Carl very helpful and appreciated

Thanks
Mike
BD

Last edited:
   / The highest quality American Made LED light #12  
The OnX has significantly more light output then the Rigid light bars. A few features unique to only BD lights are, the OnX uses the Cree T6 XML LED which is one of Crees latest LEDs and has an immense output. BD lights offer 4 levels of heat management, the only user customizable light bar on the market, three modes built in to the circuit board 100%, 50% and strobe, CNC aluminum housing and specifically engineered optics by our head engineer for the greatest efficiency.
We also have a informative video explaining some of the unique features Why Baja Designs Outshines The Competition - YouTube
Hope this helps let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks
Mike
BD

Mike, thanks for the replies.

Looking at the pic, your pattern looks considerably better/brighter than the competitor. How do you do this with less than half the lumen output? Lensing?

I honestly was thinking about a set of Dualies for the truck sometime in the next several months, but now im not sure... If I can get more power at a cheaper price I might have to reconsider.

Mike, thanks for the replies.

Looking at the pic, your pattern looks considerably better/brighter than the competitor. How do you do this with less than half the lumen output? Lensing?

I honestly was thinking about a set of Dualies for the truck sometime in the next several months, but now im not sure... If I can get more power at a cheaper price I might have to reconsider.

Good question Scooby074. You can't compare lights by just the lumen ratings. Many companies just use a theoretical lumen rating and there is alot of marketing hype with some.

The reasons we can achieve the brighter output is due to the newer LED bulb we use, specifically engineered reflector by our engineers to be the most efficient and get the best distance.( many companies buy pre-made optics) also because we have the most in depth heat management which allows us to drive the optics to the most optimal level while still maintaining a safe level for the life of the LED.

/ The highest quality American Made LED light #14  

Attachments

• tractor 001.JPG
    tractor 001.JPG
    821.6 KB · Views: 151
John Deere 6415 open station tractor

Thanks for the pic gives me a good idea of mounting options. Was there any mounting spot you would prefer, or a single light vs a light bar? What is the terrain like and what crop? Is there a certain distance you feel you'd like to be able to see out to?

Thanks
Mike

/ The highest quality American Made LED light #16  
Thanks for the pic gives me a good idea of mounting options. Was there any mounting spot you would prefer, or a single light vs a light bar? What is the terrain like and what crop? Is there a certain distance you feel you'd like to be able to see out to?

Thanks
Mike

Mounting: Tops of rear fenders or to ROPS
Singles not light bar
Terrain: Hilly
Crops: No crops
Distance: 50yards or less
Front grill lights are useless with loader