The hospital called

/ The hospital called #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
Got a call from Summa Health care yesterday and since we weren't home at the time our answering machine took the message.

There was a pleasant voice asking Mr. Ebner to call the accounts department and they left a name and number of a gal to ask for.

I thought crap, did we miss a payment to the hospital? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You may remember that a little over a year ago I had many radiation treatments for throat cancer so I figured that maybe there was a foul up in the payment that we send them monthly, which is a portion that our health insurance didn't cover.

My wife gave the hospital a return call while I was finishing up breakfast and when she came back to the kitchen she was crying.

Seems Summa told her that at least once a year the women's auxiliary board chooses one or more patients that are making regular timely payments and pays the remaining portion of their hospital charges. Our name had come up and our hospital debt had been canceled, poof....... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

She also went on to say that a letter from the hospital would be forthcoming to document the phone conversation.

So I ask you all, have you ever heard of anything like this program in your entire life?

You know it's supposed to be 105 degrees here in Ohio today with the heat index but all of a sudden it feels a whole lot like Christmas to me..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ The hospital called #2  
Nothing like good news! Sounds like the old addage of "good things come to good people" rings true again.

I've been dealing with cancer, and it's monumental expenses for the better part of 8 months now. Insurance has picked up almost all of it, but the bills are staggering none-the-less.

Maybe this will allow you to put a bad experience behind you, and replace it with a warm, wonderfull feeling.

/ The hospital called #3  
Mike,

Congradulations on both fronts..
The year plus since the treatments and the gift...

I am still waiting for my call from John Deere Credit /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff

/ The hospital called #4  
All I can think is "Oh my God!". That is absolutely fantastic for you and your family! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope your cancer remains in remission, and you continue to have a wonderful and lucky life!

May I make one suggestion? If it was me, I would donate at least the next couple payments that I would have made to some sort of fund for those people who are not able to make their regular timely payment. As they say...Pay it forward.

Dave

/ The hospital called #5  
That's great news Mike. I'm glad you shared that with us.

A few years ago we had a doctor bill for a surgery my wife had and insurance only paid 50% of what the doctor billed us. We paid faithfully for over a year to the doctor and out of the blue he forgave the rest of the bill. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The angels are looking over you and indydirtfarmer too. You guys are 'Keepers'. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don

/ The hospital called #6  
Mike,

You are blessed.

My wife works long hours as a fundraising exec for our local hospital.
I give my time, money and support...

All in the hopes that someone may receive a gift.

So, when fundraisers call....you know what to do.

I am glad your number came up!

Go take the wife and yourself to dinner and enjoy life.

all the best

lloyd

PS: good story to add to my day.

/ The hospital called #7  
You can't beat a deal like that, great news.
Getting old ain't for sissies, I'm glad you guys are having success in your health battles, you're in my prayers.

/ The hospital called #8  
Gotta love it.. good things do happen to good people. Merry Christmas!!

/ The hospital called #9  
That is great to hear. Thanks for posting.

/ The hospital called #10  
Medicare just became my primary health insurance, the danged payments on my group policy haven't changed, I wonder if the hospital might not be cheaper than my total. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif