the last person paying bills by check?

/ the last person paying bills by check? #101  
Yes we do the same total for 2015 was $1475 FREE $$$$$$$ . Everything goes on 2 cards, buy a coffee for a $1.00 it goes on the card, so fast how it builds up. Oh yea then we go on line and pay it off each month NEVER carry a balance, not in 35 years.

Same here.

/ the last person paying bills by check? #102  
I wrote 170 checks last year. None in a checkout line. There are some things I could pay online, but it means one more online account and I have so many already.
I also care little cash and put almost everything on credit and get some good cashbacks. My last Li-ion bosch circular saw was bought on amazon using cashback, also got one of my li-ion drills that way.
If I just had enough for that snow blower.....

/ the last person paying bills by check? #103  
Not that it really matters but can they not just suck the payment directly from your checking account electronically?

I get a letter once a year from Kubota saying it'd be real swell of me to send them some money. I call the 800 number, confirm my account number (for the loan and bank), then they record me basically saying "yes, I am who I say I am, please take my money ".

Well, I looked more into it today. It turns out there is now a place on the webpage to make one time payments via Western Union Speedpay. But, this also comes with a $10 "convenience fee". :shocked: No thanks, I'll stick to stamps for now..

/ the last person paying bills by check? #104  
It is amazing how credit cards companies now have cash back or a refund of some type. We have four credit cards that we use frequently because of the money they save us. One card gets most of the bills and the cash back adds up fast. I held on to much of the cash back on that card for 2015 and the amount more than paid for Christmas. :thumbsup: Amazon makes it easy to spend the cash back so I let it build up a bit, not much usually, and then just use it.

We pay off the cards every month.

Since we use the cards for almost everything we carry very little cash.

The best part of using the cards?

NO COINS BUILDING UP IN THE DRAWER! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ the last person paying bills by check? #105  
Yes we do the same total for 2015 was $1475 FREE $$$$$$$ . Everything goes on 2 cards, buy a coffee for a $1.00 it goes on the card, so fast how it builds up. Oh yea then we go on line and pay it off each month NEVER carry a balance, not in 35 years.

I'm almost the same way, although for things less than $4, I frequently pay cash. When I get the car or truck washed at the drive thru car wash, but then they towel dry it, I pay the $5 in cash - and sometimes another $5 tip (it's actually $4.99 but I never ask for the penny or the receipt), and this morning when my wife wanted me to pick up some bananas, I paid the $0.99 in cash. And of course if I need cash, I just request the cash back on the credit card when I'm paying anyway for something I'm buying.

The last check I wrote was March 2 of last year and it was the only one last year.

And this morning, I filed our income tax return for last year, using TurboTax, with the refund to be direct deposited to our checking account.

/ the last person paying bills by check?
My Cash Back card is Costco American Express which is about to end...

Before AmEx Costco used Discover and when they parted ways... Discover just issued me a new card automatically.

AmEx says I have to apply... so I'm thinking no more AmEx for me.

I am not planning to apply for a new Costco card at this time...

/ the last person paying bills by check? #107  
I never do cash back on credit, many count it as an advance.

/ the last person paying bills by check? #108  
I never do cash back on credit, many count it as an advance.

That used to be the case, but not in many years now. I get cash back on my Discover Card from Walmart, Sam's Club, Kroger's, and I'm not sure were else.

/ the last person paying bills by check? #109  
I wasn't aware that had changed. Hmmm.

/ the last person paying bills by check? #110  
Costco amex sends a rebate check every yr, comes next month's.
Amex is trying hard for me to take a new card after the costco one ends. No application, just have to accept it.
Sams takes discover.