The Marines are on the attack tonight!

/ The Marines are on the attack tonight! #31  
If you want to seen some amazing stats, research Clark AFB in Angles City Philippines during the Vietnam war. Take offs and landings every minute 24/7/365 for years. At one time, about 180,000 boots on the ground. Largest base outside the US. Made Subic Bay and Cubi Point NAS look like a wide place in the road. Very small compaired to Clark AB.

mark

Kinda ironic that the PI kicked out the US... I just read that the PI government just signed an agreement to base US and JAPANESE forces in the PI to counter the Chinese. The PI must be scared witless of the Chinese to allow Japanese to base forces in their country.

Later,
Dan

/ The Marines are on the attack tonight! #32  
The sounds of freedom! Boy, I miss those big live fire events and there's just nothing like the smell that comes off that burning powder! Most of you may not believe it, but after you've been around those big guns for awhile, you can get to the point where you can lay down beside one and go to sleep! It was always fun to watch the newbies try to get some rest, some flinched so hard they'd get a muscle spasm!
I was an Army field artillary sergeant stationed at Ft Sill, Ok, and used to sleep fairly close the the 8" guns, the 155's, and the MLRS systems. Was still there when one of the battalions missed the firing range on two occasions. One time they hit a house , and the other time a gas station in Lawton.

/ The Marines are on the attack tonight! #33