The Massey Ferguson Picture Thread

/ The Massey Ferguson Picture Thread #111  
I like your wheel weight installation method.:thumbsup:

Back home in Montana it was time or past time to take the chains off for the summer?

Do you just keep them on for traction?

/ The Massey Ferguson Picture Thread
I like your wheel weight installation method.:thumbsup:

Back home in Montana it was time or past time to take the chains off for the summer?

Do you just keep them on for traction?

Thanks! I'm about to pick up two more wheel weights, probably around 200lbs each for just $100 today after work. They won't stack nicely, but I don't do much in tight quarters and I really need the traction. I leave my chains on year round, the tires have seen better days and I need all the help I can get. Without them, the moment the ground gets slick, I just sit and spin.

Couldn't edit my previous post. Snagged those cast weights yesterday. I'll have to make an adapter ring to fit them to my current weights, should be a fun little project.

cast.jpg

/ The Massey Ferguson Picture Thread #114  
   / The Massey Ferguson Picture Thread #115  
My dad, brother-in-law, and nephews worked today to get the old MF 35 Deluxe running. It has been sitting for close to 18 years is our guess. They got it up and running. Still needs some more work (tires, radiator flush, etc.), but it is back to life.
Resized_20200530_110849.jpeg
Resized_20200530_110842.jpeg

/ The Massey Ferguson Picture Thread #116  
View attachment 657930 I put the old TO 35 to work today pulling out an old gate post that I put in 40 years ago.
View attachment 657932 I have owned this tractor since 1980, a good old machine. In this shot you can see the large thorns on that locust tree, especially if you click on the picture to make it bigger.
View attachment 657931
I'm no longer running cattle, thus I am tearing out the old delipidated fence and clearing a bunch of brush, hedge, and locust to make it more pleasant for walks in the woods.

Cool. The Company that made those weights is still in business. Here's a link to their website. Nice purchase.

Rowe Foundry – Quality Gray Iron Castings

Yep, I saw that they were still in business. I wish there was a casting number or something on them so I could find out the weight and year of casting. Suffice to say, they’re really haven’t. Gotta be 200lbs, as I weigh 155 and can quite easily do several pull-ups, took me and the seller givin’ it what we got to get them in my truck!

Now to find time to make an adapter ring and mount them!

BRMeyers and shovelmike- great pics and story!

Finally upgraded to an alternator a few weeks ago. Huge difference, even the governor seems more responsive. My generator finally died. On the hut for some decent used 7.5x16 implement tires now, something 8ply to hold up to loader use. Mine are like baloney skins. It's either that, or I gotta try to replace the front right tube because the valve stem is shot and leaks like crazy on the outside of the threads where the rubber delaminated. Trying not to spent too much money here...

alt1.jpg

alt3.jpg

After burying a deer we found dead in our back yard. Smelly.

IMG_5615.JPG

Edit: yes, I need to cut down the field. No time and I’m about to split the machine.