The Most Economic Car in the World

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #11  
Gas and oil companies are in the back pocket of our politicians, therefore, these will never be seen in the USA. Either, EPA, safety, or some sort of tax will prevent you from ever seeing them here! Not in our lifetime!

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #12  
Gas and oil companies are in the back pocket of our politicians, therefore, these will never be seen in the USA. Either, EPA, safety, or some sort of tax will prevent you from ever seeing them here! Not in our lifetime!

This is very true.. look at the new taxes being applied to electric vehicles in some states!

But dont overlook the American Psyche.. look at the insults regularly thrown at compact cars even on a site as mild as TBN. "Id never drive that clown car".. "deathtrap".. "hippy car" and the like.

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #13  
But dont overlook the American Psyche.. look at the insults regularly thrown at compact cars even on a site as mild as TBN. "Id never drive that clown car".. "deathtrap".. "hippy car" and the like.
:laughing: I'm sure you have seen the Top Gear episode where Jeremy Clarkson is shoehorned into a Peel P50 and is driving it through the offices of BBC. One of the funniest things I've seen on TV. Now THAT would be a deathtrap!:laughing:

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #14  
:laughing: I'm sure you have seen the Top Gear episode where Jeremy Clarkson is shoehorned into a Peel P50 and is driving it through the offices of BBC. One of the funniest things I've seen on TV. Now THAT would be a deathtrap!:laughing:

Yes, but you can take it in an elevator with sexy Fiona Bruce!

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #15  
Looks like the kind of half-a**ed thing the ***** administration would pi** away (excuse me, invest) tax dollars in, if the builders contributed enough.

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #16  
Citroen is supposed to be releasing a car that runs on air in 2016. No fuel at all. Interested to see how many countries allow it in. USA wouldn't allow the VW in that had extreme economy.

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #17  
Citroen is supposed to be releasing a car that runs on air in 2016. No fuel at all. Interested to see how many countries allow it in. USA wouldn't allow the VW in that had extreme economy.

I think TATA has plans for a compressed air powered car too.

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #18  

I agree. These kind of cars always disappear.

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #19  

Ah yes, the "amazing air car". totally impractical. Anythign running on compressed air can't sstray far from a big compressor. That pipe dream has been surfacign in various forms for over 15 years now and the people pushing them cannot see how inefficient they wouild be. At least the latest version is not an "air car" at all, it runs on an IC engine and uses "air" only for additional power when needed.

Harry K

/ The Most Economic Car in the World #20  
Here are some other micro cars. They're to be auctioned off Feb. 15 and 16. We toured the museum on the last day it was open to the public. Museum Information